FEAR

A few months ago, at Oscorp, a scientist named Adrian Crane is working on secret projects and experiments when Norman Osborne walks into the lab. Crane quickly stands up, hiding what he has been working on.

"Mr. Osborne. What can I do for you, sir?" Crane says with a fake smile.

Norman looks at the man with anger.

"Crane, I know about the little experiments that you've been doing in secret. Your antics are costing the company money and resources. Pack all of your belongings, I want you out by the end of the day."

As Osborne turns to leave, Crane tries to stop him but he is ignored. Adrian slams his hands on the table in frustration. He then sees the blueprints to the electromagnetic harness that will allow him to fly, that he's been working on and a chemical formula to a toxin that induces involuntary fears. That day, he vows revenge on Norman Osborne. Present day, Peter walks to his locker with a bruise on his right cheek. As he grabs a textbook and closes his door, Harry and Gwen appear beside him, noticing the bruise.

"Oh my God, Peter, what happened?" Gwen asks.

When she asks him this, Peter's mind flashes back to last night, where he was fighting multiple human traffickers at once, saving multiple women, but also getting punched in the face.

"I was walking around without my glasses and walked right into a door." Peter says.

Harry snickers.

"Same old Pete. So, my place for some studying? You know like old times?" Harry asks.

Peter rubs the back of his neck.

"I don't know. I mean I have a few things to do tonight." Peter replies.

"Come on Pete, you've been back for a week and we haven't hung out together yet. Besides, Harry will need us both he's gonna pass Algebra." Gwen says.

"That's righ- Hey!" Harry says, offended.

Peter chuckles at his two friends.

"Ok, I'll see what I can do."

Gwen smiles.

"Great, I'll see you both later tonight." Gwen says with a bright smile.

As she walks away, Harry pats Peter on his shoulder.

"So when are you going to ask her out."

Peter looks at his friend in confusion.

"Oh come on Pete, she's been crushing on you since we were kids, and you like her too. So the question is, when are you two gonna stop dancing around each other and kiss already." Harry jokingly says.

Peter chuckles.

"I don't know if it would fit in my life right now."

Harry sighs.

"Sure, dude. Whatever you say." Harry smirks, walking away.

Later, in the newly designed Batcave, after he gets out of school, Peter wraps his hands with tape that boxers use and practices strikes on a heavy bag. Soon Ben enters the cave and sees Peter training.

"One would think you'd take it easy after the eventful few nights you've had, you'd take it easy at home."

Peter chuckles.

"Gotta keep in shape. Can't let myself get soft." He says, continuing to punch the heavy bag.

Ben smirks.

"Ms. Stacy called."

This makes Peter stop for a moment.

"She wanted to know if you were still going to be at master Harry's house."

Peter stays silent for a moment.

"I don't want them involved with what I'm doing, Ben." Peter says.

Ben smiles.

"I know, sir. But you'll need other people in your life to remind you, who you are without the mask." Ben says.

Peter nods, taking Ben's words to heart. Later, Harry and his father talk at home, someone is watching from a distance. Meanwhile, As Peter approaches the door, he sees Gwen walking towards him.

"Hi." Gwen says with a smile.

Peter smiles back.

"Hi."

As the two stare at each other, Harry opens the door, snapping them out of it.

"Aw, my two favorite tutors. Welcome to my humble abode."

Both Gwen and Peter awkwardly walks while Harry notices something.

"Did I inturupt something?" Harry whispers to Peter.

Peter chuckles it off and jokingly pushes Harry away. Norman Osborne then approaches the kids.

"Hello Gwen. Peter, it's good to see you, my boy." Norman says.

The two share a firm hand shake.

"Likewise, sir. The new place looks great."

"Yes. Oscorp's success has been a blessing. But I hear that's the case for Parker Industries as well."

"Yeah, I'm not really gonna worry about that until I graduate. It's what my parents wanted."

Norman smiles and puts his hand on the boys shoulder.

"They would be proud of you, Peter."

When Peter hears this, he secretly thinks that he hopes that's true. Harry then gives his father look, silently telling him to get out.

"Well, I'll give you kids some space. I have some work to do anyway."

As Norman walks away and Gwen starts talking about the study material, Peter's Spider-Senses start to go off. He then looks passed his friends and sees something heading straight for the window, where Norman is walking.

"Mr. Osborne! Watch out!" Peter yells.

He quickly runs over to Norman and tackles him out of the way as the thing he saw crashes through the window. Everyone looks up and sees a scarecrow with wings flying above them.

"Norman Osborne! I made a promise that you'd pay!"

Norman slowly recognizes the voice.

"Crane?"

Peter takes note of Norman somehow knowing the name of the individual.

"The names Scavenger, now!" Crane replies.

He then knocks Peter into a wall, knocking him out.

"Peter!" Gwen yells.

The Scavenger then grabs Norman and flies away.

"Dad!" Harry yells.

The two quickly run over to Peter, trying to wake him up.

"He's out, cold. He should be fine here, we should go find some help." Harry says.

Gwen nods.

"I'll try calling my dad."

The two quickly run out of the house frantically. After he makes sure that he is alone, Peter opens his eyes and gets up like nothing happened. He takes off his glasses, and takes off his shirt to reveal the Spider-Bat suit underneath.

"And Ben said it wasn't a good idea to wear this under my clothes."