ORIGINS: PART 2

On the bus back to school, Harry and Gwen notices that Peter doesn't look well.

"Hey Pete, are you ok?" Harry asks.

It takes a minute for Peter to answer, sweat dripping from his forehead, barely being able to keep his eyes open.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm- fine, just- tired." Peter says as he leans his head against the window.

Harry and Gwen look at each other, still worried about him. Later, Peter stumbles into the Parker mansion, still feeling off. He passes by the living room, where his parents and Ben are sitting.

"Hey kiddo, how was the science exhibit?" Richard asks.

"I don't really feel well, I'm gonna head to bed."

Peter's parents and Ben look at each other in confusion as they hear his door close. As Peter stumbles into his room, he drops his backpack, jacket and shirt on the floor. He then passes out on his bed, while his body and DNA changes forever. Through the night, Peter has nightmares of not just bats, but also spiders as well, as his fever gets worse.

The next morning, Peter wakes up feeling much better than yesterday, even better than he has been his entire life. He gets up out of bed and puts on his glasses. Peter is then confused when his vision is blurry with them on but when he takes them off, it's more clearer than ever. The young man shrugs it off and slowly puts them down. He is then even more confused when he looks at himself in the mirror and sees muscles and abs that he didn't have before.

"Peter, are you feeling better today?" Mary Parker yells from downstairs.

Peter smiles, still looking at himself in the mirror.

"Yeah mom. I'm feeling great in fact." He answers.

A few minutes later, Peter races downstairs, almost bouncing off the walls.

"My, my master Peter, it seems that you made a remarkable recovery." Ben tells him.

"Thanks, Uncle Ben." Peter replies with a smile.

As Mary and Richard chuckles, Peter heads towards the door.

"Alright guys, I'm heading to school."

"Hold on, kiddo, you haven't eaten anything yet." Richard says.

"I'm ok, thanks, bye."

Peter walks out of the door and goes off to school, confusing everyone. While at school, Peter puts his books inside of his locker. When he closes his door, his hand gets stuck to it. He tries for a minute to pull it off, finally getting his hand free after awhile. Before Peter can wonder what's going on, Gwen and Harry approaches him.

"Hey, Pete. Are you feeling better?" Gwen asks.

"Uh yeah- a lot better. Guess I just- ate something or... something." Peter says nervously.

Gwen and Harry look at each other confused by their friend. While that's happening, Flash Thompson sees Peter down the hall.

"Hey guys, watch this." He says to his friends.

He then throws a football right at Peter's head. As the football comes straight at him, Peter gets a weird sensation in his head that he can't explain. Without even looking, he easily catches the ball with one hand. Everyone is shocked by this, including Peter himself.

"Woah." Gwen says.

"Damn, Pete." Harry adds.

Peter then throws the ball back at Flash, throwing it with so much force, it knocks him down to the ground. As some students laugh at him, Flash glares at Peter, gets off the ground, and rushes towards him. Peter looks at his hand, not knowing what's going on around him, questioning what's happening to him.

"I think something weird is going on with me." He tells his friends.

"What do you mean?" Harry asks.

Before Peter can answer, he gets another one of those unknown sensations in his head. He then quickly dodges a punch thrown by Flash that dents the locker door.

"You think you're pretty funny don't you, nerd?" Flash says.

"Stop it, Flash." Gwen demands.

"Not until I break Parkers face."

"I don't want to fight you, Flash." Peter tells him.

Flash chuckles, putting his fists up.

"Yeah, I wouldn't want to fight me neither."

Flash then throws a punch, but Peter easily dodges, surprising everyone again. Flash throws another punch, but Peter again dodges without much effort to his surprise.

"Help him, Harry." Gwen says.

Flash runs at Peter and swings, but the young man ducks it, causing the bully to run face first into a locker.

"Which one?" Harry replies.

Flash sees the blood dripping from his nose and gets even more angry. He throws multiple punches, which Peter easily avoids every punch. He then gets annoyed and catches his fist and starts to crush Flash's hand. As Flash starts to yell out of pain, Peter punches him in the chest, sending him flying across the hall and into a trash can. As most people cheer for Peter, Gwen looks at him with concern and confusion that he notices. He then quickly leaves, running out of the school, faster than he has ever ran before.

Peter makes it to the street to catch his breath. He stares at his hands, still unsure about what's going on with him. At that moment, a car comes out of nowhere, speeding straight towards him. Peter then easily jumps into the air, sticking on the side of a three story building. Peter shocked by what's going on, not only by how high he jumped but also how he's sticking to a wall right now.

He then slowly starts to climb up the building, secretly questioning how long this will last. As he looks at how far he's climbed, a smile appears on his face and he leaps on top of the roof. Peter runs from roof top to roof top, jumping and flipping in the air. He then comes across a large gap between rooftops and makes the jump easily. Peter stops to catch his breath, looking back to see how far he jumped and chuckles, excited by this change.

"This is something else." He says to himself.