THE HORRORS OF THE LABYRINTH

A week goes by... a week without Peter Parker... a week without Spider-Bat.

Commissioner Stacy is on the roof of the NYPD precinct, shining the Spider-Bat signal while smoking a cigarette. Harvey comes up from behind him, lighting up a cigar.

"He'll be dead soon, you know."

Stacy looks back at him in concern.

"Siggy. The Spider-Bat signal. You've been running him hot all week. You're going to blow his bulb." Bullock explains.

"Leave it on, Harvey."

Harvey sighs.

"I hate to say it, Commissioner, but it's been eight days. The bat isn't coming. Leaving the light on for him-"

"It's not just for him, Bullock... It's for the scum who think New York's a damn playground now. It's for the people who knows him, the man underneath that mask. The man missing right now. Hell, it's for the whole city... So like I said...The light stays on." Stacy says, staring up at the sky.

Bullock doesn't say anything, and just waits on the roof with George.

Meanwhile, Harry(wearing a mask on the burnt part of his face) is at the mayor's office with a table full of research on the court of owls.

"Where are you?" He asks, glaring at the photo of a Talon.

At that moment, Lincoln walks into the room.

"I can't get a hold of Peter. His butler says he wasn't at home." Lincoln says.

Harry gets frustrated.

"Damn! Where could he be? You think they got to him?" Harry asks.

Lincoln stays silent for a moment

"I don't know..." He says.

Harry gets even more angry, throwing everything off of his desk.

"He could be dead right now, and we wouldn't even know! He's my best friend, I'm supposed to protect him.... None of this would have happened if you weren't so damn weak, Osborne."  Harry says.

Lincoln stares at Harry in shock and worry. Harry soon snaps out of it, horrified by what just happened.

"I'm sorry, I... I don't know what's... I'm just sorry." Harry says.

Lincoln sighs, putting his hand on Harry's shoulder.

"Why don't you get some sleep. I'm sure Peter's fine." He says, trying to reassure Harry.

At the Batcave, Ben searches for Peter's suit transmission, finding no signal. He takes a deep breath, visibly worried about Peter's well being.

"Where are you, master Parker?"

Felicia feeds her cat in her apartment, looking out of the window and seeing the Spider-Bat signal. She tries to deny it, but she is worried about Peter.

"Where are you, Spider?"

Meanwhile in the Labyrinth, Peter crawls across the walls in the shadows. Starving. Thirsty. Exhausted.