HUNTED

One night, as a group of gang members are sitting in an abandoned building, a thug is thrown through the front door, surprising them all. Spider-Bat slowly walks inside, intimidating everyone of the gang members.

"Who's next?" Peter asks.

The group of thugs quickly pull out their guns but Peter throws his baterangs, knocking them out of their hands. One man runs at him, but the Vigilante webs his eyes and lands a spinning roundhouse kick to his chest. Another man swings wildly with Peter quickly blocking and landing a headbutt to his nose. He then throws him into three other men. Three other men then circle Spider-Bat. One of the of them throws quick jabs but Peter easily dodges them, landing a right hook to the gut and the face, then lands a jumping spin kick. The second man swings wildly, but Peter ducks it, punches him in the gut then lands an uppercut to the chin.

The last man standing stares at Spider-Bat with fear but is still prepared to fight. The thug throws a weak punch, but Peter catches it knees him in the gut, lands a punch to the jaw, then lands a jumping three sixty roundhouse kick, knocking him out. After knocking out all of the thugs, he makes his way to a door where he hears crying on the other side of it. Before walking into the room, he takes off his mask and opens the door where a little girl is sitting alone with tears in her eyes. Peter kneels down and smiles at the girl, as she backs away in fear.

"Hey kiddo. It's ok, I'm here to take you back to your mom. Is that ok?"

The little girl becomes a little more relaxed and nods as Peter slowly picks her up.

"Alright, now is it ok that I put my mask on?"

The girl nods, as Peter puts back on his mask and walks outside to Commissioner Stacy, Renee Montoya, Harvey Bullock and other cops waiting for them. A group of police officers run inside and arrest all of the men unconscious on the ground.

"Is she here?" Peter asks.

"Yeah, she's right over there." Stacy replies, pointing at a woman behind him.

The woman looks up and sees the little girl, causing her to stand to her feet.

"Isabella?" The woman says.

The little girl sees the woman and smiles.

"Mommy!"

She jumps out of Peter's arms and runs over to her mother. As the two hug, Peter can't help but smile.

"Well, you actually can smile. I'm shocked." Montoya says, making Stacy and Bullock chuckle.

Peter smirks at them

"Make sure Miguel Castro stays in prison this time." Peter says.

"Don't worry, after breaking parole and kidnapping his daughter, he's gonna be locked up for a very long time." Commissioner Stacy says.

At that moment, Mayor Aubrey James runs through the crowd of people and officers to get to Spider-Bat and Commissioner Stacy.

"What the hell are you all waiting for? Arrest him!" He demands.

The mayor is shocked when no officers or the detectives move to arrest the Vigilante.

"Didn't you hear me, Stacy? Arrest this pycho."

Commissioner Stacy stares at Spider-Bat for a moment.

"Mr. Mayor, with all do respect, we wouldn't have been able to rescue the child without a large scale shootout. Which would have put the child's life in danger."

"He is still operating outside the law!" The mayor says.

"Look, I don't like the web-head either. But he did save the kid, so I guess he ain't too bad." Bullock says.

Mayor James gets even more frustrated by what he views as insubordination. At that moment Marion Grange, the women who is running against Aubrey James for Mayor of New York City, makes her way through the crowd.

"If I may. This- Spider-Bat has done nothing but try to help this City and its citizens. Now it is true that his methods are a bit- unpredictable, but if we are going to stop crime in this city, we'll need men and women like him, who are willing to take on the fight themselves, the kind of people who will risk their lives so that we can walk safe at night in our own neighborhoods. New York needs these people, we need heroes." Grange says.

As the entire crowd of people clap for the speech, the current mayor storms away. Spider-Bat looks at Grange, who smiles at him, then webs away while J Jonah Jameson is not happy about what just happened.

"What are you kidding me!? Has everyone lost their minds!? That wall crawling, nocturnal menace is threat to this city! He should be handcuffed with his own webs!" Jameson yells.

Vicky Vale, who was writing about everything that just happened, tries to calm her boss down.

"Take it easy, J.J. you're gonna pop a vain."

As Peter is swinging through the city, he is watched by someone standing on a roof top.

"His movements. His instincts. He's worthy prey."

While Peter is swinging, he's on the phone with Ben.

"Uncle Ben, I'm on my way back to the cave. I'll-"

At that moment a shot from a sniper rifle is fired at him. Peter is barely able to dodge in time. He then throws a Batarang, knocking the sniper rifle out of the mystery figures hands and lands on the same roof, standing across from the shooter. A smile appears on the mystery figures face.

"I missed. I never miss. For you to dodge in mid air like that is quite impressive. Yes, you'll be every bit of the challenge he promised me."

Peter glares at the mystery man.

"I don't like being shot at by strangers. Who are you?"

The mystery man laughs, slowly stepping out to reveal a man with a lions head vest, a red high tech monocle over his right eye, and gauntlets with machine guns in them.

"I am Kraven. But you can call me Deadshot The Hunter. For years, I have been waiting for the perfect kill, a worthy challenge. At last, I have found it in you."

"And what if I decide to not die tonight?"

Deadshot starts to laugh.

"It wouldn't be much of a challenge if you didn't resist."

The two stare each other down for a moment, then the two run at each other. Peter throws multiple Batarangs at Kraven, but the hunter shoots all of them with one of his gauntlets. As they get close to each other, Deadshot goes for an up close head shot, but the dark vigilante knocks his hand away and lands two punches to his face. Peter lands a forearm strike to his head, then Kraven answers back with a punch to the gut. The two continue to trade shots, with Spider-Bat getting the best of close range combat. Peter quickly lands a kick, sending Deadshot back onto the ground. The hunter smiles while spitting out blood, then pulls out a knife and charges at Peter again. He swings the knife fast, yet controlled and accurate, with Peter being barely able to avoid countless swings. Soon he gets cut on his arm, surprised that the knife was able to cut through the material.

The hero quickly dodges a knife swing that was aiming for his throat, then flip kicks to knock the knife out of his hand and into the air. While Kraven is disarmed, Peter quickly lands left hook to the gut, a right hook to the face, and a hard uppercut to the chin knocking him off balance. Peter then jumps into the air and knees him in the face, dropping him on the ground again.

"Stay down. Only warning." Peter says.

Kraven starts to laugh

"Well done, Spider-Bat, you have not disappointed me. I will have great pride when I mount your head on my wall."

He then throws down smoke bombs that create red smoke.

"The next time we meet, one of us will be dead." Kraven words echo through the smoke.

As the smoke clears, Deadshot is gone and Peter is alone on the rooftop.

"Master Parker, is everything alright?" Ben says, still on the phone.

"Everything's fine now Ben. But we have ourselves a hunter in New York."