CHEERDROPS

One night, Peter swings through the city while on patrol, trying to clear his head about Andrea.

"It's pretty quiet tonight, sir. Maybe you can take the night off. Call Ms. Watson, perhaps."

Peter stays silent for a moment, flipping in the air and landing on a rooftop.

"I can't, Ben." Peter says.

"But, you do want to. Correct?"

Peter doesn't answer and continues to swing through the city.

"Sir, if I may. You shouldn't be afraid to be happy because of what happened to Ms. Stacy."

"I can't make the same mistake, Ben. I can't be happy and be Spider-Bat." Peter says.

As Ben sighs, Peter notices something on the street. He sees a car speeding and swerving in the road.

"I gotta call you back, Ben. There's a drunk driver on the road."

Peter jumps off the roof and goes after the car. Before he could stop it, the car crashes into a fire hydrant and stops. Peter drops down next to the car, shocked by the sight of a little boy in the driver's seat. He opens the door slowly, trying not to scare the child.

"Are you ok?"

The boy slowly nods.

"Good. Come on, get out."

"I can't, I have to get her to the hospital. She's dying." The boy says.

Peter is confused for a moment, then sees a teenage girl in the backseat.

"My sister O.D'D, please help her. She's dying!" the boy says.

Peter quickly jumps over the car and rips off the door to get to the girl fast. He carefully holds her head and quickly checks on her condition, realizing she's barely breathing. He then quickly dials Stacy.

"Stacy, I need an RA sent to the location I'm giving you now. Female, twenties, overdose."

Peter then looks at her eyes and sees that they are bright yellow. He turns to the boy who is standing behind him outside of the car.

"Do you know what she took?" Peter asks him.

"No, I'm sorry." The boy says.

"It's ok." Peter says, reaching into his utility belt and pulling out Narcan.

"Come on, stay with us." Peter whispers as he pours the Narcan down her throat.

"She's gonna be ok. This stuff will wake her right up, alright?" Peter tells the boy while they wait for his sister to wake up.

After a few more minutes pass, the girl finally breathes as Peter and the little boy are relieved. The boy then hugs Peter, causing the hero to smile.

"You got her help. You saved her." Peter says with a smile.

He then reaches over and holds the girl's hand.

"It's alright, just breathe." Peter tells her.

Hours later, Spider-Bat stands in the hospital, staring at the boy sitting beside his sister's hospital bed. Commissioner Stacy then walks up to the hero.