ORIGINS: PART 3

Peter runs home after the discovery of his new abilities. When he makes it inside of the house, he sees his parents and Ben waiting for him.

"Hey-hey guys, what's uh, what's up?" Peter says with a smile.

"Son, school called. They said that you got into an altercation with another student today."

Peter nervously laughs and slowly walks towards his room.

"Oh that? Pff, That was- nothing, just a- miss understanding, I think I'm gonna head to my room for the night, bye."

Peter runs to his room quickly, confusing his parents and Ben. The next few weeks, Peter runs a few tests on himself, figuring out that his DNA was altered by the radioactive spider that bit him. Now he's stronger, faster, and can stick to walls. He even creates a device that can actually shoot out webs in his dad's lab. Soon Peter's parents and Ben start to worry about him.

"He's been... distant, lately." Mary says.

Richard sighs.

"I know, but, it's natural for a kid his age, right?" Richard says.

"Still, maybe you should talk to him sir." Ben says.

Richard nods.

"I think you're right."

At that moment, Peter comes running down the stairs.

"I gotta go guys, I'll see you guys later, bye."

Before Peter can leave, his father stops him.

"Hold on kiddo, I think we need to talk." Richard gestures for Peter to sit down as he sighs and slowly walks over to the chair.

"Son, your mother and I have noticed you've been... changing, lately."

Peter is shocked.

"Y-You have?"

"Well it's kinda hard not to. You've been so distant from us, and you're friends that we're starting to worry." Mary says, giving Peter some relief.

"You've been either stuck in my lab all day, or stuck in your room, and not to mention that scuffle you got into with the boy from school."

"I told you guys, I didn't start that fight." Peter replies.

Richard sighs, then walks over to his son.

"Look Peter, I understand what you're going through, believe me, I went through it too. Right now you're changing into the man you're going to be. Now this Flash kid may have deserved a beating, but just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should. With great power, comes great responsibility. Remember that, son."

Peter hears what his father is saying, thinking about his words.

"Ok dad, I hear you. Can I go to library now? Harry and Gwen are waiting for me."

Richard smiles at his son.

"Sure, kiddo. Just remember, we're supposed to catch that play tonight, don't be late."

"Don't worry, I won't, I promise, love you guys, bye." Peter says, walking out the door.

"I think that went well." Richard says.

A few minutes later, Peter is standing on top of a building with his "web shooters" on. He jumps on the ledge and takes a deep breath.

"Heeeerrreee we go."

Peter jumps off the building, screaming the whole way down. He quickly shoots a web to the side of the building. Peter starts laughing while swinging from building to building. He then slips and lands through a table, still laughing at what he just did. Later on outside of the theater, Both Mary and Richard wait for Peter to show, as the play is half way through. Richard looks at his watch and sighs.

"Welp, so much for great responsibility." Richard says with smirk.

As the two go to head back inside, but is stopped by a man in a hoodie who pulls out a gun. Meanwhile Peter is running to the theater in a tuxedo.

"Oh man, I lost track of time, I hope the plays still going on."

He then hears two gun shots from an alley and sees a man running past him in a hurry. Peter slowly walks to the alley and sees two people on the ground and someone running away. As he looks closer, he realizes that the two on the ground are his parents.

"Mom! Dad!" He yells, running to them with tears in his eyes.

He kneels down by their side, as they are motionless, more tears coming down his face.

"Come on guys, you gotta- you gotta, get up- you gotta wake up, come on we gotta see the rest of the play, right. Please get up, please get up, get up. Get up. Get up!"

At that moment, Richard opens his eyes slightly.

"Dad! Dad! hey, come on, you're ok- you just need some help, that's all."

Peter quickly pulls out his phone but realizes that the battery has died. He then looks all around, seeing no one in sight.

"HELP! SOMEBODY! PLEASE HELP ME!" Peter yells with tears streaming down his face.

At that moment, Richard grabs his sons hand, almost letting him know that this is it for him and his mother, who hasn't even moved this whole time. He smiles at his son, tears running down both of their faces. His grip on Peter's hand soon loosens, finally dieing.

"Dad?"

Richard doesn't reply again, and Peter lays his head down on his father's chest, crying alone in the darkness. A few moments later, police officers and cars are surrounding the area. As the officers cover up his parents body, Peter just sits there in stunned silence. Officer Stacy then approaches the boy with sadness in his eyes. He puts his jacket around the boys shoulders.

"I'm sorry, Peter." Stacy says.

After getting no response, Stacy walks away. At that moment, Gwen Stacy comes running towards her friend, but is stopped by her father.

"Dad, I need to talk to him, please."

Officer Stacy puts his hands on his daughters shoulders and looks at her with sincerity.

"Gwen, listen to me. Nothing you'll right now, we'll help him. Not with this."

Gwen stops for a moment, looking over at her friend who is suffering right now. She then makes it past her father and runs over to him. At that moment, Peter hears that the man matching his description is at an abandoned building not far from where they are now. Anger swells up in Peter and he throws the jacket off his shoulders and leaves the crime scene, before Gwen could say a word to him.