ONE BAD DAY PART 4

Commissioner Stacy and other cops pull up to the clock tower.

"Her phone says she's here." Commissioner Stacy says, looking at the app he installed to keep track of Gwen.

As they ready their guns and prepare to go into the clock tower, they all stop in shock. They see Spider-Bat walking out, carrying the body of Gwen Stacy. Commissioner Stacy's entire body trembles, dropping his gun and running over to his daughter.

"Gwen?....No...Oh God no."George says, holding his daughter in his arms and dropping to his knees.

The Commissioner then starts to cry as Peter looks on with sadness and guilt, not being able to save her.

"I'm sorry, George." Peter says as he slowly walks away, still hearing the man's cries.

Later, as Peter walks into the Batcave, he pulls off his mask and sits down. As he starts to remember Gwen, her voice, her smile, her touch, her eyes, sadness starts to consume him again and tears fall down his face. That sadness quickly turns to anger as he throws his chair across the room and starts punching the cave wall over and over again, blood splattering everywhere, replaying what happened over and over again in his mind.

He then drops to his knees and screams to the top of his lungs, while Ben is secretly listening with a single tear falling down his face.

While that's happening, George is sitting with his daughters body in silence. Montoya tries to go to comfort the commissioner, but Bullock stops her, shaking his head no. After a moment longer, Stacy stands up, kisses Gwen on the forehead, and puts the white blanket over her. He then leaves the room with a determined look on his face.

"I want every cop we have available searching for Norman Osborne, I don't care if their on duty or not. We put him away- tonight."

While all the cops in the building quickly run out of the building, Commissioner Stacy stops for a moment, then goes to the roof.

Meanwhile Ben walks into the cave and sees Peter sitting on the ground, staring at his mask.

"I brought this on her, Ben. I was supposed to inspire good. Not madness- not death." Peter says.

Ben kneels down to Peter.

"You have inspired good, sir. But every war has its casualties. Things were always going to get worse, before it gets better."

"But Gwen..." Peter says.

"Gwen believed in what you were trying to do. What you are still trying to do."

At that moment the Spider-Bat signal shines through the sky where Peter and Ben can see it. Ben grabs his mask and offers it to Peter.

"Right now, New York needs Spider-Bat. With great power- comes great responsibility."

Peter looks at the mask for a minute, then takes it, with new found determination. At that moment a police report comes in about hostages being held in a building that's under construction by pumpkin heads.

"I don't understand. Why is he doing all this? What could he possibly gain from all this?"

"Mr. Osborne isn't the same man he once was sir. Some men aren't looking for anything logical. Some men- just want to watch the world burn." Ben says.