MEETING HUSH

As Peter swings through the city, he thinks about how he snapped at Jill the way that he did. How angry he got at her.

"Why did I snap like that? I wasn't even that upset, just... frustrated about everything. Frustrated that Hagen got away, that I have no idea who's the guy with the band, that I can't be with..."

Peter sighs, and while he's distracted his Spider-Senses goes off, catching him off guard. He turns around and gets hit by a giant fist made of sand and clay, knocking him into a wall. Peter slowly stands back to his feet and sees Flint walking towards him. He throws another giant fist at Peter but the hero quickly dodges, flipping on the wall but gets grabbed by his leg and thrown Into a construction yard nearby.

While Peter is on the ground, Flint rises from the ground, completely made of clay and sand. He makes an hammer out of his hand, ready to smash Peter's head.

"I wasn't planning on coming after you. I mean let's face it, you're not a threat to me anymore. But I don't have a choice. I'm not gonna act like I won't enjoy this on some level though."

Peter quickly webs Flints face, blinding him. He then kips up to his feet and punches him in the face, but it doesn't do any damage. Flint swings wildly, but Peter flips out of the way as he rips the webbing off of his face, stretches his arm out and grabs Peter by the throat, then starts to form a bubble around Peter's head, suffocating him.

"Just let me know when you need some air."

Spider-Bat quickly pulls out an electrical batarang and electrocutes him, stunning Hagen and freeing himself from his grip. Peter catches his breath and slowly stands to his feet.

"I'm actually glad you found me first like this. Saves me the trouble of hunting you down."

Flint chuckles, slowly recovering from being electrocuted.

"I don't know what that freak with the bandages have against you. But to be honest I really don't care. If I have to choose between you and my daughter, I'll gladly bury you six feet under."

Peter notices the mentioning of the bandaged man, but that's when Flint charges at Peter, who quickly throws multiple Batarangs that goes straight through Flints body. Hagen starts to swing wildly, but Peter easily dodges his attacks. Flint then blasts the hero with sand and clay, knocking him through a block of wood nearby. Peter starts to get frustrated and angry. He then shoots out webs, and slingshots himself at him and kicks him, turning his upper body to dust. Flint regenerates, sending out tentacles after Spider-Bat.

Peter uses his agility to easily duck and dodge them all, looking above him and seeing a cement mixer above him, getting an idea. At that moment, Flint hits Peter, knocking him to the ground. As Peter is seemingly unconscious on the ground Flint approaches him, forming a blade out of his hand with a smile on his face. He raises it above his head, preparing to stab Peter through the body.

"Gotta say, I'm disappointed a little. I thought you'd be harder to squash." Flint says.

A smirk appears on Peter's face.

"I am." Peter replies.

He quickly flips over and shoots out a web at the cement mixer, pulling it down and covering Flint in cement, trapping him. As the hero stands infront of the statue, he hears someone clapping in the distance. He looks around, not knowing where the applause is coming from. Peter finally finds where it's coming from, looking up on a highrise and seeing the man with bandages over his face, clapping for him with a smile on his face.

"Well done, very impressive."

Peter glares at the mysterious man.

"Who are you?"

The mysterious individual smirks.

"I'll tell you, if you tell me."

Peter stays silent as the bandaged man let's out a chuckle.

"That's what I thought... Just know that I hate you, and I won't stop until you're dead at my feet."

"Why do you want to kill me?"

The bandaged man stays silent for a moment.

"Years ago, you destroyed me... Now I'll destroy you. And I'll use, or hurt, anyone I have to, to do it."

Peter's scowl gets more intense as the bandaged man chuckles.

"I can tell you're frustrated. If it's any constellation, you can call me... Hush."

At that moment, after Peter sees a familiar necklace around Hush's neck, police sirens are heard, distracting him. When he looks back, he sees that Hush has disappeared. Peter grits his teeth out of frustration and walks off. Commissioner Stacy, Detective Montoya and Bullock try to ask him some questions, but Peter doesn't stop to talk, shooting out a web and swinging away.

"What the hells his problem?" Bullock asks.

Montoya walks over to Commissioner Stacy.

"He didn't seem like himself." Montoya says.

Commissioner Stacy thinks to himself for a moment.

"I was thinking the same thing." He finally says.

Meanwhile, Jill is in the cave as Ben pours her a glass of tea.

"Thank you." Jill says.

Ben smiles.

"Of course."

A silence passes through the cave.

"I'm worried about him, Ben. That- wasn't him." Jill says.

Ben doesn't say anything for a moment.

"While he's been on this- crusade of his. I've seen him at his darkest moments, but no matter what happened, whatever he lost, he was able to control his frustrations and not take it out on others undeserving. However- what we just saw- that angry outburst... that wasn't the Peter Parker I knew." Ben says.

Before Jill can say anything else, Peter calls into the cave and Ben quickly answers.

"Sir, is-"

"Hagen's ex wife, I need an address, now." Peter demands.

Ben sighs and quickly does a search for the address but I can't find it. Jill rolls over to the computer.

"Let me try." Jill says.

Ben takes a step back and Jill quickly types, finding the address in seconds.

"Found it. Patching it through your suit now." Jill says.

Peter stays silent for a moment.

"...Thank you."

Peter hangs up, as Jill and Ben are even more worried about him.

Peter web swings as fast as he can to the address, hoping to protect the child and catching Hush at the same time. He soon makes it to the fire escape, looking through the window and sees the little girl sleeping safely. After taking a deep breath out of relief, he turns around and sees Hush on a nearby roof top, waving at him.

While Hush walks away, Peter quickly swings to the roof top, but sees no one there, getting frustrated and angry.