CHOOSING HAPPINESS

Peter, without his mask, and Andrea sit on the empire state building together, under the the stars. The two smile at each other, happy that everything is out in the open.

"I think I always knew, all this time. Who you really were."

"Really?" Peter asks.

Andrea chuckles.

"No."

The two share a laugh together, then Peter gets serious and turns to the distance.

"But you do know... why we can't be together, right? Especially after what happened tonight."

Andrea sighs and looks at Peter, putting her hands on his face and turning his head to face her.

"Don't say you don't love me." Andrea says.

Peter closes eyes and holds Andrea's hands.

"I'll never say that... But Spider-Bat will always have enemies. I can't let you take that risk."

Peter then gently lowers her hands from his face and let's go.

"I will- always be Spider-Bat... You and I can never be." Peter says.

As Andrea feels the tears coming, she turns away from Peter. Peter closes his eyes, holding back his emotions, and looks down in sadness.

Later that night, Peter drops Andrea off infront of the police station, where Commissioner Stacy and Detective Montoya quickly approaches her to check on her. Stacy then looks over and sees Spider-Bat standing on a rooftop across from them and the two nod at each other. Peter turns to leave but looks back one more time at Andrea, then he web swings away. Andrea smiles, watching Peter swing through the air, still in love with him.

The next day, Eddie Elliott is taken into Arkham Asylum, strapped down, and screaming.

"It'll come back! You'll see! WE'RE VENOM!" Eddie yells.

Meanwhile The Goblin, still injured from his last fight with Spider-Bat, listens in.

"Jeez. Talk about crazy, am I right? HAHAHAHAHAHA!"

As Eddie is put into his cell, another inmate with multiple tally-mark shaped scars over his body and red hair, whose known through New York City as The Carnage Killer, Victor Cassidy.

"Hey, I get it. This place is a dump. No pool, no stereo, and weirdos everywhere you look. Or in my case- another Mark." Cassidy says.

Meanwhile Peter sits infront of the fireplace, looking up at the picture of his parents with a somber smile on his face. Jill then rolls next to him.

"You ok?" She asks.

Peter sighs.

"Weirdly- I think so." Peter says.

Jill smirks.

"I talked to Andrea today. She said to tell you that she understands."

Peter doesn't respond for a moment.

"Good. It's better this way." Peter replies.

He then turns to Jill.

"By the way. How would you feel about having another job?" Peter asks.

Jill smirks.

"What? Are you offering me a position at Parker Industries?"

Peter chuckles.

"No. I had something else in mind."

Before Peter can explain any further, Ben comes into the room.

"Sir. You have a visitor." Ben says with a smile.

Peter is confused by this but heads down stairs. When he makes it all the way down, he is surprised to see Andrea at the door.

"Hey Peter."

Peter is stunned for a moment, as Ben and Jill leave the room.

"Andrea... What are you-"

"Peter- I can't survive without you." Andrea says as she walks closer towards Peter.

"You shouldn't be here." He says.

"I know you think we can't be together. But can you respect me enough to let me make my own decision? I know they'll be risks, but- I want to face them with you. It's wrong that we should only be half alive- half of ourselves. I love you."

Andrea puts her hand on Peter's chest.

"Isn't it about time, somebody saved your life?"

Peter doesn't say anything and just stares at Andrea for a moment.

"Well say something." Andrea says.

Peter holds Andrea's hand that is on his chest.

"Thank you, Andrea Jane Watson."

The two then share a kiss, finally deciding to be together. At that moment, a news report comes on about a bank robbery in progress that interrupts them. Andrea smiles at Peter.

"Go get em, Tiger."

Peter smiles back at her, giving her a kiss on the cheek and runs off to the Batcave.

A few seconds later, as Ben, Jill, and Andrea watch on, Spider-Bat swings off. It's a hard road, but Peter knows that he has his city and his loved ones behind him.

Three nights Later, Peter is working on a case in the Batcave and Andrea comes down in her nightgown. She wraps her arms around him, kissing him on the cheek.

"Are you planning on coming to bed anytime soon?" She asks.

Peter chuckles.

"I'll be up in a minute. Just working this case for Stacy."

Andrea nods as the two share a kiss and she walks back upstairs.

"It never ends, does it?" A voice says behind him.

Peter quickly grabs a batarang and turns around to where he heard the voice.

"Whose there?" He asks.

After a few minutes, a man in all black and an eyepatch steps out of the shadows of the cave, along with a woman with red hair.

"Nick Fury. Director of S.H.I.E.L.D. I'm here to talk to you about the Avengers Initiative."