A COLD CHILL

In an icy lab a short man with an ice cold suit and four mechanical arms, Doctor Otto Fries Octavius approaches his wife, Nora Octavius, who is frozen in a glass container. He puts his hand the glass, reaching out her.

"Don't worry my love. Norman Osborne will soon learn that revenge is a dish best served- cold." He says.

Meanwhile as Peter is doing his homework at Parker mansion, Ben brings in tea.

"Tea, sir?" Ben asks with a smile.

Peter smiles and takes a cup.

"Thank you Ben."

As he takes a sip of his tea, Ben sees something in the sky.

"Uh, Master Parker, I think this is something you should see."

Peter looks up at the sky, seeing a Spider-Bat symbol.

"Well- that's new." Peter says.

Later, Spider-Bat lands infront of a giant Spider-Bat signal on top of the NYPD precinct. Peter stares at the signal and smirks.

"I guess a phone call was out of the question." Peter says turning to Commissioner Stacy who is standing behind him, drinking coffee.

"This was a request from the new Mayor. Called it an act of good faith. Besides, it's not like you're the kind of guy to give out his personal number." Stacy jokingly says.

Meanwhile on a bridge in the city, Harry and his father are riding in the back of their limo.

"Dad- I was thinking we should see mom soon."

Norman looks at his son for a moment.

"Why? Is it her birthday or something?"

Harry sighs and starts flipping his coin.

"Nevermind, dad."

At that moment traffic is stopped.

"Now what's going on?" Norman asks.

The bridge and a few cars begin to be covered in ice. Large mechanical arms then rises through the icy bridge, shocking both Norman and Harry.

"Holy shit." Harry says as Doctor Octavius rises with a freeze gun in hand.

Meanwhile Vicky Vale is sitting a few cars down from the Osborne's.

"Woah." Vicky says, quickly getting out of car to report the action.

Back with Peter and Commissioner Stacy, a report comes in through the radio about the bridge being covered in ice and a man with robot arms.

"On my way. I'm assuming you heard th-" Stacy says as he turns around, soon realizing that Spider-Bat is already gone.

"Never gets old." Stacy says.

On the bridge, Otto rips off the roof of the Limo, confronting Norman.

"It's been a long time, Osborne."

Norman listens closely to voice, recognizing it from his past.

"Otto? Otto Fries Octavius, is that you? I thought you were dead."

"A mistake that will cost you your life."

"Jesus dad, another one? How many people have you pissed off?" Harry asks.

As Otto aims his cold gun at Norman, Spider-Bat swings in, Kicking him into an empty car, away from the Osborne's. Peter then quickly pulls Harry and his father out of the Limo.

"Get off the bridge, now." Peter tells them both.

As they run away, Octavius gets back up with the help of his mechanical arms.

"This is a personal vendetta. It does not concern you." Otto says.

"It's my concern now." Peter says, preparing to fight.

"Very well arachnid. Since you align yourself with my enemy, you leave me no choice."

Octavius fires his cold gun, but Peter quickly dodges the blasts. He then jumps into the air and throws a Batarang that knocks the cold gun out of his hands. Otto gets angry by this and grabs two cars with his arms and launches them at the hero. Peter cartwheels to avoid the first car, but gets hit by the second, falling off the bridge. While falling, Peter quickly realizes that there's people still in the car.

Spider-Bat quickly leaps off the car, grabbing it's front bumper and shooting a web onto the bridge. He then connects the web to the car, holding it in place, while he gets the people inside back on the bridge.

"Go, hurry." Peter tells them.

As the family runs away, one of the doctors arms grabs him by the chest and slams him through several cars. The mechanical arms then holds him by the arms and brings him up close to Octavius.

"I'll give you one last chance, Spider-Bat. Get out of my way."

"In case you haven't heard, I don't walk away when others are in danger." Peter replies.

"So be it."

He then uses his two remaining mechanical arms to try to crush Peter's skull. While the grip on the arms tighten, Spider-Bat shoots webs to two cars on each side of them, using all of his strength to pull the cars towards Octavius. Otto quickly let's go of Peter and rips one of the cars in half but gets hit with the other sending him flying back, knocking over a nearby Vicky Vale who is dangling from the side of the bridge.

"Someone! Help!" Vicky screams.

Peter hears this and quickly runs to help her but Octavius rips off a car door and throws it at him. Peter easily somersaults over it, but gets hit with a second car door that knocks him back. While Vicky's grip is loosening, Peter tries his best to get to her in time while also avoiding Octavius's mechanical arms. After a few minutes too long, Vicky can't hold on any longer and falls. Spider-Bat quickly jumps over a mechanical arm and dives over the bridge to catch her. After grabbing her, he quickly shoots a web and the two swing under the bridge to the other side of it.

"Remind me never to do that again." Vicky says.

At that moment, police cars and officers start to surround the bridge aiming their guns at Otto Fries Octavius. Otto looks all around, not seeing Norman anywhere, then grabs his cold gun and leaps away with his mechanical arms. Peter tries shoot a web onto him but can't reach him as Commissioner Stacy walks over to him.

"Who the hell was that?" Stacy asks.

"The one who did all this." Peter replies, referring to the frozen bridge.

"Jesus. The question is, why he did all of this?" Stacy asks.

Peter stands in silence, realizing that he's after Norman Osborne.

"Revenge." Peter finally says.