LONGING

One night in New York City Spider-Bat stands on a rooftop, staring at one of Andrea's billboards. Every night on patrol, Peter stands infront of the same billboard every night, haunted by it. Every night he has to reassure himself of the choice he made to live a life of responsibility. A life that she can never be apart of. That he was given a job to do. At that moment, police sirens are heard through the streets. Peter refocuses and swings into action.

At a bank nearby, a villain, wearing a giant black scorpion suit, named Black Scorpion bursts through the walls while looking.

"Now this is a big score!" He says.

At that moment a group of cops, led by Commissioner Stacy start to open fire on the Scorpion, but it doesn't do anything.

"That tickles."

He then shoots out dark purple acid at them. The group of cops quickly move out of the way as the acid melts one of the police cars. At that moment, the bags of money are webbed out of his hands and Spider-Bat lands infront of The Black Scorpion.

"So, you're the Spider-Bat everyone talks about. I'm not impressed."

The Scorpion shoots acid at Peter, but the hero quickly flips out of the way, swings behind him and kicks him in the back.

"Give it time. I grow on you." Peter replies.

The Scorpion gets angry and swings his tail at him. Peter quickly dodges the first swing but gets hit by the second swing, getting knocked into a police car. The Scorpion charges in and throws a punch, but Peter dodges, lands an uppercut to the chin and kicks him back. As he stumbles back, he goes to stab the Hero with his stinger. Peter jumps out of the way while webbing the stinger in place and starts to land multiple punches and kicks, knocking him off balance.

The Scorpion gets even more angry and breaks his tail free from the web, but before he could attack, Peter swings off of the tail into the air, webs the ground and dropkicks him in the face, knocking him out and webbing him up.

As he stands over The Black Scorpion, Commissioner Stacy soon joins him.

"This was one hell of a welcome back to the field. What's this ones deal?" Commissioner Stacy asks.

"His name is Derrick Gargan. A former mercenary who was experimented on."

Commissioner Stacy shakes his head.

"Where do these guys even come from?" He asks.

Stacy then gets a text.

"I gotta go. Have to pick up a cake."

Peter smirks.

"Special occasion?" He asks.

"Yeah. Jill and her friend are throwing a surprise party for someone. Thought it be a good way to move on from... everything that happened." Stacy says.

Peter doesn't reply for a moment.

"I hope it is." Peter says.

"Thanks. Hey, you wanna join?"

Stacy turns around to see that Spider-Bat is gone.