O1

HYUNJAE

HYUNJAE

"hyunjae, let's go!"

ri-ki waved at me, right infront of the college gates, while i had lazily yet sleepily walked over to the boy "it's all because of you, i couldn't wake up to my alarm clock and woke up to my mom nagging" i groaned, yawning at the end.

it had been a year since we both had graduated from high school.

recently, ri-ki found out we were the same age (but i was ten days younger) and that pretty much made us close.

"how about i buy you some snacks after school, how's that?" he asked, as the both of us had went past the college gates.

i looked at him, frowning "will you really treat me or are you trying to lift up my mood?"

"i have my pocket money with me" he replied, showing me the wallet without sparing a glance at me for even a second.

"you know, you look short beside me" ri-ki pointed out, staring down at our height difference─my forehead was at his neck level.

"but i am not, your just too tall okay? stop flexing your height on me" i continued, trying to defend herself while using diferrent hand gestures

"oh, ri-ki!"

i had distanced myself away from the male, as she heard the familiar voice coming from behind.

stupid hoerin

i rolled her eyes, shooting ri-ki a 'good luck' look before i walked forward to my class.

[ 💗 ]

the classroom was loud, full of students gossiping here and there─which i had expected because well─they were always loud, in and out of class

whilst i had been sketching randomly on my notebook, i felt a tap on a shoulder so i stopped sketching "hyunjae, so i heard that you are single...correct?"

i turned around to see nahee who had a curious look on her face "...yeah, why?" i awkwardly replied, ending it with another question "so there is this app called 'LOVELINE HOTLINE' and its really popular.

i met bomin in this app, and i am telling you this is perfect! first, your identities won't be revealed, the app enables that. and it shows how far the people you talk to are from you.

you can also mark important days in that app─and when you open it a celebrating emoji shows up on the screen. when you change you tag the person in your relationship status, your names can be revealed to each other─how cool is that?!"

nahee looked so excited as she let me take a look of the app, but i wasn't so impressed and i could tell she noticed that as well

i didnt even move on from my latest so called 'love life', how would you expect me to join the app so quick?

"nice of you to introduce me to that....masterpeice─but i have no plans on dating anyone for the time being, thank you. but if i am interested then i will definitely try that app" i reassured, my tone coming out awkward.

even though i expected nahee to be weirded out, i received a wide smile instead "no problem, if you need help with anything then just tell me about it" nahee replied, placing her phone on her desk before she stood up.

i had shot a confused look, until nahee mouthed out 'professor jang is here'

so i quickly stood up, turning around and saw the grinning professor with a rather familiar person beside him.

"good morning people" he greeted, as everyone had lazily (yet respectively) greeted the male professor "good morning professor jang"

"we have a new student that will be with us starting from today, please introduce yourself" the professor stepped aside letting the boys face be seen.

a familiar cat-looking boy...

could it be him?

i side eyed ri-ki who was sitting at the other side of the class, it seemed that he shared the same thoughts as me, since he stared back at me.

the male had cleared his throat, before he had started speaking "hi, my name is yang jungwon. just call me jungwon"

i let out a silent gasp, eyes widened as she stared at ri-ki,

we shared the same look, with a whole bunch of questions flooding in our brains.

how?

isn't he dead?

am i blind?

am i seeing things now?

i gulped, i didn't know why but i had a weird gut feeling,

i had a feeling that it was definetely going to be a long ass ride.

just figured my bday is on a public holiday :)