O2O

CHAPTER TWENTY. HIS PARENTS

────

THREE MONTHS LATER.

HYUNJAE

"jae, you'll be fine."

i heaved out a sigh "you think your mom is going to like me?" i asked, as we stopped our tracks, standing in front of the door to his parents' house. 

"yeah, she called me last night and told me to tell you that she is really excited to meet you again" jungwon said, before he let go of my hand, and pressed on the bell. 

a while later, someone opened the door, revealing jungwons mom who had a smile on her face "jungwon, hyunjae, come in" she stepped aside, letting us in.

we walked in the house, and then a really pretty looking girl walked towards me "i'll take care of the coat, ma'am."

i smiled, taking off my coat and passed it to her "thank you, but just call me hyunjae" i told her, watching as she hung my coat on some hanger.

"dinner gets served at nine, if you don't mind" mrs. yang told me, as she walked us to the living room, where there was a couple sitting on one of the sofas. "oh, i dont mind" i reassured, and sat down when she sat down.

jungwon sat down as well, before placing the box on the table "whats that?" asked mrs. yang, and jungwon replied "hyunjae figured out that your birthday is tomorrow, and she said she has to go to busan tomorrow so she can't visit you on your birthday, which is why she bought an early birthday cake for you."

i felt my ears grow red, as mrs. yang smiled "oh, thats very kind of you hyunjae- oh wait, i forgot about the drinks" 

and with that, mrs. yang stood up, walking towards a table which had a violet-colored tablecloth covering a bunch of bottles. she lifted the tablecloth, before completely removing it and placed it aside "jeongin, ahyun, what would you like to drink?" she asked.

"wine" the guy- who is suppose, is named jeongin, replied, followed by ahyun "i want champagne."

i felt jungwon's hand on top of mine, squeezing it a bit, which made me stare at him, and he gave me a 'your-doing-great' look, which made me smile.

"and how about you two?"

"huh? oh, i think i would like a glass of white wine" i said, and jungwon replied after "same as her."

soon after, she returned with two glasses, and she gave me one "thank you" i said, in a tone that i didn't expect, would come out so soft. she passed the other glass to jungwon, before giving jeongin and ahyun their glasses, and then she went to pour herself a drink.

"you know, i feel like ahyun and hyunjae would definetely get along well, you two should try to know each other more" mrs. yang started, before she sat down. 

"i think so too. hyunjae, we should grab a coffee one day" ahyun suggested, and i agreed "we should"

"it's hyunjae's first time here, isn't it? ahyun-ah, why don't you give her a little tour around the house?" mrs. yang suggested, which made us look at each other.

"i can call you two when dinner is served, you two can take this as a time to bond"

she smiled at me, as if she was reassuring, and stood up "lets go, hyunjae"

💗

THIRD PERSON

"thank you for your time, hyunjae"

"i had a great time" hyunjae replied, her coat resting on her arm. "i think we should go now, the next bus comes in fifteen minutes" jungwon said, and that made the woman nod "alright, take care."

"you too!"

the two turned around, holding hands as they walked away from the house "so, how was it? worth being nervous?"

"it was very fun, and your brother is really funny" she commented, referring to the joke he cracked out while they were having dinner.

"funnier than me?" he raised a brow, which made her shake my head in denial "nope, you're still funnier." 

"you know, mom and noona were really excited to meet you, they called me this morning just to ask me about your favorite desert." jungwon brought up, which made hyunjae let out a giggle "thats so sweet of them"

when they arrived at the bus stop, they sat down on the stool, before jungwon asked "so, was ahyun's tour fun?" he asked, which made her let out a hum "hm, it was really fun, and we talked a lot, i even got to hear about some really interesting stories about you" she replied, which made jungwons eyes grow wide.

dont tell me ahyun noona told her about me failing to take care of the cactus. 

"she didnt say anything about plants, did she?" jungwon asked, which made her look at him with a smug plastered on her face "poor injang, may it rest in peace-"

"hyunjae!"

────

guess who wont go out for the weekend? (yep, its me)