O1O.

CHAPTER O1O : DUMB AND DUMBER

────

NAHEE

"you told him what now?!" i exclaimed, while hyunjae just gave me an innocent "now he is going to think that you are suspicious, what are you still ignoring him?"

hyunjae was silent, and it pretty much made me feel like a mother because of how i was feeling like scolding her

so then, i huffed out a sigh before i squealed "lee hyunjae!"

hyunjae sort of jumped from her seat, before whining "i only wanted to compliment him for the paper ring, i wasn't intending to almost expose myself" she let out.

i stare at her full of disbelief, before hitting the back of her head "what made you stutter then?!"

"ow─the ring was pretty, okay! i just felt embarrassed to admit it" my seatmate winced, which made me sort of roll my eyes and turn my head to the other side, only for me to frown

"talking about that, your prince charming is almost coming. gotta go!"

i quickly took my bag and rushed to the other seat, there were luckily only three seats left and jungwon is the type to sit near the window seat, where hyunjae is near.

before hyunjae could blink, i was at the very back of the class, putting my bag on the floor beside my desk and tied my hair.

i tried to act like i was texting someone on the phone, secretly glancing up as i saw ri-ki and jungwon walking in with tired looks.

i quickly gave ri-ki a look, hoping he would understand (which he did, luckily) as he pushed jungwon to sit on the chair beside hyunjae.

perfect !

ri-ki walked over to my seat and sat beside me, putting his bag down, so i placed my phone down and quickly took out my english text book and opened a random page, placing it on the table as i tried to cover my face

"becoming a matchmaker, i see?" ri-ki teased, which made me wheeze

"with your help, yeah. i mean─if we want them to be happy we have to help them" i replied, trying to not look like i was mentally screaming.

i could see ri-ki's smile at the corner of my eyes, as he responded "you seem like a great friend, jae is lucky" he complimented, which made my ears grow red so i held my breath and brought the book closer to my face so he wouldn't see it "quiet, i am reading"

i lied, what a great liar i am.

i could hear ri-ki laughing at me, and that made me snap "what is it?!"

it took him a while, before he replies again "didn't know you could read letters upside down, dummy"

ah shit.

i guess not only hyunjae is dumb, i am as well.

i guess you could say─we are the dumb and dumber best friend trope.

[ 💗 ]

HYUNJAE

curse you nahee.

WHYYY

WHY AM I THE ONE SUPPOSE TO STAY NEAR HIM?!!!

it's so awkward between us, none of us sparing a glance or even talk, we are just quiet as ants.

"so erm...about the confession last night..." i started, only for me to regret it.

what a way to start the day.

wait no─that doesn't suit the situation i am in right now.

"i was only going to compliment your ring─it was really nice and warm...sweet, sort of reminded me of a guy that i like" i reassured, feeling panic rush in my veins because what if he doesn't buy the excuse and hates me now?!

i stared at him, waiting for him to respond but he only concentrated on his work. "jungwon..." i trailed off, in a way it warns him that i just spoke.

but his face remains with no emotion, whatsoever "that's good to hear" he replied

"can you teach me how to make them?" i asked, trying to sound softer than anything existing.

jungwon suddenly looks at me, eyes shining as he pulls out some sticky notes from his bag and kept the stack on the table.

"watch and learn..."

for the first time in luna's books

for the first time in luna's books....a side characters point of view is introduced !