O19

CHAPTER NINETEEN . ALMOST CAUGHT 

──── 

HYUNJAE

"uno! ha! i won again"  i exclaimed as i placed my last card on top of the messy stack of cards.

i was playing uno with my brother and his friends, and this was the fourth win on a row "damn hyunjae, what type of spell did you cast on these cards" ri-ki groaned, before revealing his deck of cards.

"lets play one more round" hyunwoo suggested, but i stood up "you guys play, i will go drink some water" i said, and walked away, before i found myself in front of the counter. 

i opened the refrigerator's door and took out a cold-water bottle, before taking out a cup and poured some, before gulping it down.

"hey, i am going to the convenience store to grab some things, want anything?" 

i was taken aback by the familiar voice, before i turned around "oh- it's just you. yeah, i think a packet of marshmallows should be-mm!"

i placed the glass cup on the counter before wrapping my hands around the back of his neck, meanwhile his hands still cupped my face. seconds later, he pulls away, looking flustered "sorry, i was not thinking straight" he admitted.

"its alright" i reassured, while i was mentally processing to whatever had just happened, my face flushed pink. before i could say anything more, my annoying brother had barged in.

"yo, what takes you so long to ask hyunjae what she- what are you doing?"

realizing that we didn't let go of each other, we immediately let go of each other, and jungwon cleared his throat "oh yeah, i should get going to buy them now" he muttered to himself, before leaving.

 💗

JUNGWON

"i can't believe he saw us"

"well, your brother is dumb for not realizing that we are a thing" i shrugged, placing the ice cream cake on our table

the others fell asleep, so we took the chance to go on a cake date.

"maybe that's why he is single" she joins, using her fork to take a small bit of the cake, and tasted it, her eyebrows raising as the fork departed away from her lips "this tastes so good, you should try some" she complimented.

i did as she told me to, as i grab my fork, stabbing it on the side of the cake and took a bite of the piece "yep, sunoo would love this flavor" i complimented, before placing the fork down.

"hey, why don't we have club meetings anymore?" i asked her, only for her to shrug "too many ceremonies cut the club meeting times, and the finals for seniors are near."

"so, why don't you sign up for the human rights club's vice president next year" i recommended "i dont know, maybe if you sign up as the president then" she replied, causing for me to snort.

"me? a club president? thats like having kim jong un as a president, horrible idea" i defended myself, making her frown "you'll make a great captain, you've got really good leadership skills"

"and how do you know that?" i ask, raising a brow.

"because i know you since high school, now eat"

────