O16

CHAPTER 16 : TEDDY BEAR

──── 

HYUNJAE

i sat on my seat, shoving my hand in my desk as i try to search for my chemistry book, only to feel some box-like object, and that me frown as i took it out, placing it in my lap.

there was a note on top of it, and i could immediately tell that it was jungwons. 

'you good? did i do anything wrong?

-yjw'

i sighed as i opened the box, revealing a small teddy bear keychain, holding a mini single sized chocolate, with a neatly folded note inside, and my first reaction was to grab the note.

i unfolded it, and i stifled a laugh at the sight of a drawing of barney, it was colorless but i found it pretty cute. i was so immersed in his drawing, until i realized that he wrote something too, which said:

'i dont know why you're so distant lately, but i am sorry if its because of me. if i did upset you, i hope we could talk about it and resolve this problem.

p.s. if your fine with it, i hope we can hang out today'

i folded the note and placed it back in the box, shoving it in my bag as i sighed.

so he thinks i am ignoring him now.

but i didn't mean it─

but then i am ignoring him, but like, i cant control it!

never mind....i can,

but that doesn't mean i mean it─

"lee hyunjae, does my class room look like a place to daydream to you?"

i slightly jumped from my spot as i realized i was in class, and cleared my throat "sorry, my head hurts" i lied, trying to act like i was actually unwell "is that so? then you should go to the health room" the professor suggested, yet i knew he was not convinced, he just let me go because. 

i stood up from my seat and and slowly made my way out of the class, quickly stopping the act when i went past the class. i stared at the other classrooms while i pass by, yet i stopped when i saw jungwon in the physics class, he sat near the window so i took the chance to grab his attention "psst" i whispered, which caught him off gaurd, looking around until he saw me.

i crouched down, so that the professor wont see me, and thats when he facee palmed "you idiot, what are you doing here?" he whispere yelled, clearly in disbelief.

"i came here to tell you that i want to chose where to hang out today" i told him, stepping back before standing up again so it wont be suspicious, and i walked away.

 [ 💗 ]

JUNGWON

"ugh i just love bingsu!" 

i stared at hyunjae who was happily snacking on the mango flavored bingsu that we decided to order "what are you looking at? start eating"

i grabbed my spoon and dug it in the huge bowl, making sure nothing spilled as i took my spoon out, and took a bite.

she was not lying, it tasted so good !

"do you have any plans tomorrow?" i asked her, and she thought for a second "not really, but i have night shift tomorrow"she replied, which made me swallow the question 'do you want to despicable me with me' deep down my throat.

"oh, then what about tomorrow?" i asked, hoping she would say yes, but she sighed "i have a test next week so i will be studying" she replied

yeah, i should've known.

we had an awkward moment of silence, before her phone buzzing had broke it.

she took a look at her phone, before glancing at me "hyunwoo is calling" she stated, which made me let out an 'ooh'.

"you better answer the phone then" i told her, and she shot an apologetic look before she walked away, slowly fading away from my sight.

i let out a sigh, taking another bite of the bingsu.

poor bingsu, hyunjae left you for a phone call.

──── 

chapter sixteen updated after ages !!