Chapter 1

~ADAM'S POV~
Jonah. He's been the only thing on my mind lately. His sweet smile, his oblivious eyes, his fluff ball of a hairdo. It's all just.. perfect. No, he's perfect. He makes my world complete. Like there's nothing else there but us. And tonight, I'm gonna tell him. I'm gonna tell him I love him. He might not have the same feelings back, but it will be like a weight off my chest just to tell him. I've had feelings for him like this since the first day we met, back in middle school. One moment I was alone, the next moment some rando was running towards me with this goofy look plastered on his face. He looked like he was genuinely happy to see me, even though we had never seen each other until this moment. "Hi! My names Jonah! What's your name?" It took me a moment to process the fact he had asked me a question, but when it settled in, I told him my name was Adam. And just like that, our friendship would go on until high school, and all the way until our 20's. I'm 23 now, and he's 22. I've learned a lot about him since the day we met. The fact that he's in love with fast food (even though he kinda makes that obvious) and he also loves flowers. Especially daisies. So, that's where I'm taking him tonight. To this flower field on a hill across town. No one will be there to interrupt us. It will just be the two of us. Alone on a hill, with (hopefully) overflowing feelings for each other.
                               ~~~
I hear a knock at the door. "It must be Jonah" I think. I get off my bed and walk to the door. Swinging it open, I come to find Jonah, standing there like the little dumbass he is. "Hey, Adam! Why did you call me over here so late, man? I'm tired." He said. All I could focus on was how handsome he looked tonight. His slicked back hair was all I could think about. "Oh.. uh, no reason. Just to go somewhere. I think you'll like it." I sputter out. "Ugh, dude! Where is it? You know I don't like guessing games." "Just be patient! I promise you, it'll be worth it." I had to convince him not to fall asleep on the way there with fast food. As soon as I handed him the fresh bag of Subway, he shut his whining mouth faster than the blink of an eye. Instantly, he shoves the Footlong I got him into his mouth, only pausing in between bites to breath or spit out a couple words of complaint. Finally, we arrive at the field. Just as I had pictured it, no one was there but us. The moonlight was more elegant than ever, almost like it knew what was happening tonight. I just have to tell him..

                     ~JONAH'S POV~
Why did Adam bring me here? It's pretty and all, but really? At 10:00 at night? Why couldn't he have brought me here earlier? It's kind of annoying. I jump out of the van and walk out onto the field of daisies. My favorite flower. I think we're across town, but I can't be sure. I passed out on the way up here without Adam noticing. He's so stupid, its funny. "Come on, you slow fuck! Get out here. It's so pretty! You were right about waiting and seeing. Thank you." Adam is still locking the van when I say this. After he was done, he walked out to where I was sitting and sat down next to me. "Pretty view, isn't it?" Adam whispers this, like he thinks we're being listened to or something. "Yeah, it's beautiful. But.. why did you take me all the way across town just to sit in a flower field? You're making no sense, man." I say. He turns bright red, almost like a tomato. He appears visibly flustered. "Umm... about that. I have something to.. tell you." "Uh, somethin' ain't right. You being serious?!" I let out a wheeze of laughter. When I look back up at him, he doesn't seem too happy. "I'm being serious, Jonah. This is important." I look back at the moon and stop looking at him. I can't seem to meet his eyes.
                               ~~~
"Jonah.. how should I say this? Uh... I like you. And not just as a friend, but more than that. I.. I love you, Jonah." I'm completely taken aback by his words. So taken aback that I just stare at him for a moment. Then I burst out laughing after a couple seconds of complete silence. When I regain my breath, I wheeze out, "How long have you liked me?" His eyes get shiny, as if he's about to cry. He turns to the front and says, "Since the day we first met." I can hear his voice cracking. Any moment now, it feels like tears are gonna start pouring out of his eyes like mini waterfalls or something. "Me too, you idiot! I'm surprised it took you this long to notice!" He doesn't seem to process what I said until a few seconds later. Tears start falling down his face as he buries his head in his hands. "I... I was so sc-scared that you we-weren't going to f-feel the same way." I scoot over to him and put my arms around him. He gets on his knees and wraps his arms around me. He buries his face on my shoulder. I can feel his tears soaking into my jacket. "Look man. I don't know how much courage it took you to finally say your feelings, but I know it must have been hard. I love you too, Adam. More than you'll ever know." He stops crying after a few minutes and we go back to looking at the stars, this time having each other in a gentle embrace. "What now?" Adam asks.

"Kiss me, you idiot."

            ~~~END OF PART ONE~~~