School

*Octavia's pov*

After a long weekend with just everyone doing their own thing, we barely spoke. We had breakfast every morning at 8:30 am and dinner every night at 7:00 pm.

Dinner just ended and we were about to leave when Lorenzo asked us to sit down.

"I wanted to make it clear that you will be starting school tomorrow all three of you will be in senior classes" the brothers look at us in confusion and shock and of course, Marcos bitch ass had to say something "Ah so my sister and her friends are nerds?"

I could tell Oliver was getting angry so I moved over to him and played with the rings on his fingers while Zelda laughed manically.

I knew she was about to cause a scene so in a deathly cold tone I spoke "Sit down" she looked and me and dropped her head knowing we can't make any scenes, not until papa is here.

Marco looked afraid of me. Good, I like it that way.

Lorenzo took the awkward silence as his cue to speak again "as I was saying you're starting school your cars will not be here until Friday morning but feel free to take any in the garage, there are no uniforms but please dress appropriately, girls boyfriends are fine but I want to meet them. Zelda, Oliver I will treat you how I treat everyone one of my other kids. Your family now too."

When I heard Lorenzo say that my respect for him skyrocketed. I won't just forgive him but I'm happy he accepts they are my family.

Zelda looks like she's about to cry and Oliver has a small but genuine smile on his face. While the Romano brothers are staring at Lorenzo with a grin or a soft smile.

I don't know how to feel about Lorenzo or this entire family matter of fact.

"Octavia let's go, it's late and we all know you're not a morning person," Oliver says while he side-hugs me. He and Zelda have been more clingy since we were brought here.

I listen and go take a shower. I need music so I play mockingbird by Eminem.
Kinda sad but who cares the walls are soundproof anyway. After like an hour I get out and dry off. All I can do is look at my scars in the foggy mirror.

I can still see my scars even with my tattoo's covering them. If I think about it too long it almost feels like there are still open wounds.

I make my out of it the bathroom with my towel wrapped around me, walking into my closet I pick out a tube top and some shorts since it was feeling hot.

I set my alarm for 6:45 am, 7:00 am, and 7:15am.

Sometimes I just need a little extra shit to wake me up. Don't judge.

After I did my alarm, I think I'd done everything I needed to do so I lay down and instantly close my eyes.
It's been such an exhausting few days...

Nightmare/ Flashback

I sat alone in a dark room, I couldn't feel my foot from how tight the chains were. My foot was chained to the floor and I could walk any further than a few feet. It's not like I could walk anyway with all the knives being stabbed into my legs.

After a few minutes of trying to keep me awake, an Irish soldier walks in.

I saw the knife in his hand I know what he was going to do, I start screaming and pleading for him to leave me alone.

The man backed away and for a moment I thought he was gonna leave but he turned around and quickly grabbed me by my hair and dragged me to the chair in the middle of the room.

I hated that chair. It's where they tortured me. "Today we are going to give you options, if you do not choose, we will use all three options," The soldier said mincingly. I didn't respond because I know I'll be punished even more if I speak without being told to.

The man stepped closer to me and asked "Would you prefer the whip, knives, or fire?"
I answered with the form of torture I've already gotten used to "Knives" I replied tiredly.

He seems happy I'm playing along with his game he grabs a knife and turns around walking towards me slowly and stabbing me in the thigh and then the shoulder.

I ended up passing out from blood loss.

End of Nightmare/ Flashback

I quickly sat up breathing harshly. I look over at the clock and see it's only 4:06 am.
I made my way downstairs to get a glass of water, I didn't bother getting dressed and covering my scars and tattoos, I'm sure everyone will be sleeping anyway.

I fixed my glass of water and sat at the counter, running my fingers through my hair, attempting to soothe my headache when suddenly I hear glass shatter on the floor. I looked down at the glass and up at the culprit.

A very, very drunk Marco, standing in the kitchen looking at me with horror? Why is he looking at me like that?
At that moment it hit me, I haven't covered my tattoos, scars, or bruises.

I look Marco in the eyes and slowly make my way toward him. I sit him down on a stool by the counter and fix him a glass of water and give him some Tylenol.

I look at him and see a lone tear slide down his face. I walk over and wipe his tear and say "Why are you crying huh?" I ask softly so he will get the hint and stay quiet too.

"I couldn't protect you" he states and another tear escapes. "What are you talking about?" I ask him because I thought they left me.
He goes to stand up and leave but I make him sit back down until I get the glass up, he lays his head down on the counter while I do so.

As I'm picking up the bigger shards of glass, it cut the palm of my hand open. It didn't really hurt that bad but I made sure not to let Marco see, to prevent Marco freaking out, I just finished up and wrapped my hand in a hand towel.

I walked towards Marco and wrapped his arm over my shoulder and slowly made our way up to my room. I laid him down and went to put a t-shirt on I came back over to take his shoes off and get him under the blanket.

When I turned to leave he pulled me onto the bed and asked me to stay. I know even if I did refuse I couldn't get out of his hold so I rubbed my fingers through his hair and wondered what he was talking about and why he got so drunk.

I looked at the clock and it read 5:30 am I knew I'll only get an hour or two of sleep but it is better than nothing.
I went back to sleep but this time with my douche of a brother holding on to me like I'm gonna disappear.