Conversations

*Octavia*

That hurt, I was trying to protect Officer Tobias from being murdered and now he hates me. My mind is telling me to push it away and my heart is, well, I don't have much of one so it doesn't talk to me often.

Cassandra starts to clear her throat, "Well then, now I want to introduce you to everyone else," she said happily, like I didn't just yell at her brother in-law. "That is Tobias as you already know, that is his wife Abby and they have three kids. Ophelia is 15, Theo is 12, and Liam is 4" she says smiling wide. 

"It's very nice to meet you Abby, I'm sorry about your husband but in my defense we've always fought a lot," I say making her laugh a little, "He isn't so bad, just bad judgment at times." she says and I smile. I look at the kids, "Hey Ophelia, what's it like having brothers?" I ask the fifteen year old to start a conversation and we're close in age. "They are very annoying," she said emphasizing the very. I laugh before I say, "Imagine how I feel, I have six brothers, thirteen male cousins who have currently inhabited my house and I sadly only have one sister," I dramatize wiping a fake tear. 

"Don't listen to her, we aren't that bad," Oliver said. Mama, Zelda and myself says, "Yes, you are," Ophelia thought that was funny and I don't think Evangelos realized how many men I had in my family because now his eyes are wide. I look over at the next kid, "Hey Theo, how old are you again?" I ask, I already know but I want to actually have a conversation. "I'm twelve" he said but his voice was soft and he was shy. I see he is wearing a minecraft shirt so I ask about that, "Do you like minecraft?" I ask gesturing to his shirt, His eyes light up as he nods his head fast with a huge smile that's making me smile. "If your parents say its cool I can let you join my minecraft and you can help me build, as long as you promise not to destroy my world because I've been working on this for two years," I say emphasizing the two years with a soft smile on my face. Theo gets excited and asks his parents, kid really pulled out the puppy dog eyes and tears. 

I still see Tobias looking hesitant so I take out my phone and get on minecraft, showing him my phone, "Tobias, my minecraft world isn't filled with blood and gore and killing, it's simply building villages," I say truthfully. "She's really not lying, she won't let Zelda and I in her world because the last time she let us in it was very bloody and we blew up her five story castle that literally took her so long to make." Oliver say rolling his eyes and pouting. Papas phone starting ringing so he excused himself. I asked Mama what that was about then I looked at my phone as I got a message from Papa telling me that his mother, my grandmother was dead. 

I look up from my phone grinning like I just won everything I ever wanted. "What the actual fuck is wrong with you?" Killian asks me, extremely loud. Everyone is looking at me now. "Who died?" Zelda asks me, making these people look at me funny, wondering if this is really what I do when people die. 

"Grandmother died," I say out loud in amusement. "Why do you seem happy about that demon child?" Tobias asked. I looked at the kids and then back to him, "She was a witch," I said nodding slowly, and wiping a fake tear.

"Wheres your Papa?" Mama asked, "He went outside to call grandfather to come here." I say, my happy energy leaving me. Mama knows how hard Grandfather pushes my training he tried to physically and mentally torture me once but Papa wouldn't let him, and kept me as far away from him. Papa doesn't know he was the last person to every rape me. No one knows but Oliver, he was the one who found me.

I give a small fake smile before quickly leaving the dining room.

------------------------------------------

*Oliver*

I completely forgot about Grandfather to be honest, I was always his favorite because I was a male and he hated the fact that I didn't want to lead the mafia. I watch as Octavia gives us a fake smile and rushes out of the room. Zelda starts to stands up, "Zel, no give her space." I tell her, Zel never understood why Tavi got like this at the mention of our Grandfather. 

You would think she was able to push it down like she did with all the shit the Irish did to her but she can't. We wondered if it's because Grandfather was family and seemed like a good guy the first year we met him or the fact that Tavi was already starting to heal when he happened. 

I wish Tavi would tell Zel what happened because Zel is still naive to our Grandfather and adores him. It makes me sick how he can go on with his life like that never happened.

I was about to look up and silently tell Evangelos to go check on her. I know she'll be happy if it's him but I also notices the youngest kid isn't in his seat. Octavia hadn't got the chance to have a conversation with the youngest yet. I'm pretty sure Cassandra said he was four, Tavi loves little kids so hopefully Evangelos brought him.

I'm surprised I haven't gotten any calls from the Romanos because we've been gone for two days. We had told them we were with Mama and Papa but usually they'll call or something, I'm honestly a little concerned. 

Sometimes I wonder how Tavi can keep it together all of time.                                                                       I would have already broken down and given up but she didn't, she's strong.