Seen Something Horrifying

*Octavia's pov*

I'm woken up by whispers,
"It's not fair, he gets to cuddle with her, he's a douche"

"my babies are so precious"

"stop being loud your gonna wake them up"

All of a sudden I feel the weight on my shoulder bury itself deeper into my shoulder and neck. When I opened my eyes I'm met with the sight of Marco cuddling into me while the rest of the Romanos have their phones out. I look over at the twins and they are smirking at me.... what the hell have I done?

I tell them to get out and as I do I hear Marco groaning into my shoulder. I know all the sounds are hurting his head.

I held his head up slightly while I leaned over to grab my Tylenol. I could see Marco starting to open his eyes so I hand him my glass of water I had and some Tylenol.

He looked at me confused then back at my hands again and it's like everything clicked in his head. Oh shit, he remembers everything.

His eyes start watering when he looked at me but I simply smile and shake my head. I lean against the headboard of the bed knowing he's gonna ask something.

"Did I see actually what I saw last night or early this morning?" he asked me but he sounded so broken so I tried to joke around.

"If I said no would you believe me?" I said in a joking matter but he didn't smile so I sighed and said "Yes what saw was real." then he said something I wasn't expecting.

"Why didn't you tell me last night when you cut your hand on the glass? It was really deep too and you didn't even flinch. I could have gotten upstairs on my own." he said looking down guiltily.

I grabbed his face with my non-injured hand and made him look at me. "I will answer one of your questions if you answer one of mine" I replied honestly and his eyes lit up a little. "okay you go first I guess," I told him.

He took a minute before asking "why did you help me while your hurt?" I wasn't expecting that question I looked confused so he continued

"I'm not going to ask about the scars, I know you probably don't want to talk about it but if you do I'm right here," he said sincerely.

"I helped you when I was hurt because yes you are a douche but you had just seen something horrifying and you were vulnerable, I wanted to make sure you got to bed safely," I responded looking him in the eyes, for a brief moment I saw adoration in his eyes before I saw the tears again. I then asked my question "What did you mean last night when you said you couldn't protect me?" he looked shocked by my question and hesitated before he sighed and started talking "When you were three, you and I were somewhat close and I wanted to stay with you that night so I slept in your room, that was the night Lisa and John kidnapped you and took you away from us." he started crying again but he was quiet.

After a minute he looked up at me but in confusion as I hadn't said anything. After a moment of him staring at me I spoke " I thought you guys abandoned me with them because I was a burden" I said emotionlessly.

Marco jumped up and looked at me with hurt and pain as I stared back with no emotion.

He walked towards me and grabbed me in a hug, I didn't think he would ever let go.

I looked at the clock and it read 7:10 am so I peeled Marco off of me and told him to get ready for school and we can finish talking when we get home.

He jumped up and grinned like a Cheshire cat and ran out of my room I got up and took a shower and changed. I need to look great today as it is my first day...