narrative~xiv

SCOUT AND REGINA haven't spoken a word to each other, nor have they texted or even posted on socials since their big fight two weeks ago. kaylee and scout have gone out a few times, but scout doesn't want to put a label on it because she doesn't want to hurt kaylee. and she's not over regina. ricky and nini were going strong, and emily and scout were extremely happy for him. now scout sat at the table with nini, emily, ricky, and kaylee for lunch but one thing refused to leave her mind, regina.

regina sat at the plastics table with gretchen, karen, and cady, all of them talking about stupid shit. regina for once stayed quiet, staring longingly at scout's table, seeing her and kaylee holding hands and laughing. she was so jealous, and upset by the fact she had to watch as scout was with someone else. she knew she needed to do something about it, she needed scout, and she didn't know why. scout was like a drug or something, her laugh, smile, those gorgeous brown eyes of hers, not to mention her body.

unbeknownst to regina, cady was watching her the whole time. noticing how she stared longingly at the middle samules sibling, and she kind of felt bad for her. she'd watched janis look the same when they skipped health and janis watched their gym class. maybe outing regina was a good way to end her reign of terror, but knowing that happened to janis, cady decided against it.

"okay i'm going to go to class now, bye guys. bye baby." kaylee stated, kissing scout's cheek as she left the table. scout smiled at her and said goodbye, before everyone at the table turned to look at her.

"so?" emily spoke first.

"so what?" scout shot back, raising her eyebrows at her best friend.

"when are y'all gonna make it official?" ricky asked excitedly.

"i don't know, i mean it's only been two weeks. and i'm not really over you know who." scout shrugged.

"okay and? nini and i got together after the first date." ricky stated, making his girlfriend nod and point at him.

"yeah, and you two have been pining after each other since like the fifth grade," scout laughed, to which everyone agreed. "i just wanna take it slow yknow? i don't want to lead her on."

"wow, look at you being all nice and shit!" emily joked, bumping her shoulder with scout's.

"haha, whatever. i will see you losers later." she mumbled as she got up from the table, heading out of the cafeteria.

regina noticed this and waited a few minutes before also getting up.

"i have an appointment, so i will see you bitches later." she said as she quickly left to follow after scout. once she got close enough to her, she grabbed her arm and tugged her into a broom closet.

"regina, what the fuck?" scout questioned, trying not to focus on how close their bodies were to each other.

"i'm sorry, i just...missed you i guess." regina admitted looking down.

"so you couldn't just text me or something? you had to drag me into a closet?" scout joked, looking at regina who was looking down.

"well, i didn't know if you and kaylee were dating or not." scout looked at regina in shock, grabbing her chin and making her look into her eyes.

"no we aren't dating, because i don't know. she's great and all but..."

"she's not me?" regina asked playfully.

"honestly, yes." scout admitted shyly.

"oh..."

"yeah..." the pair stared at each other in silence, not quite knowing what to say.