xix

SCOUT WALKED up to regina's door with shaky hands, the thing they'd been waiting for almost all year was finally here. she didn't know why she was so nervous, it's not like her friends didn't already know that they were back together, maybe it was because the whole school was about to find out. she knocked on the door and heard bounding footsteps before the door swung open, revealing mrs. george standing there with a camera in hand, and a bright smile on her face.

"hello ms. scout, wow! do you ever look handsome." she complimented, taking in scout's outfit. it was just a simple navy blue suit with a champagne tie to match regina's dress. her hair was curled with some complimenting make up done by emily before they left with their respective dates, minus scout of course who was picking up regina.

"hi mrs. george, thank you." the brunette blushed, looking down at the new vans on her feet. sure it was a dance, but she is still a skater at heart.

"regina! scout's here!" mrs. george yelled up the stairs. scout waited for her girlfriend until she heard the sound of her footsteps descending the stairs. the brunette looked up to see her girlfriend standing at the last two steps, looking nervous as ever. her jaw dropped as she saw how beautiful regina looked in the dress she was wearing, regina blushed as she saw scout in her suit face to face, since the brunette never let her see it after she and the gang went to buy it.

"you look...wow." scout managed to get out as regina came to stand in front of her.

"that bad huh?" regina joked, making scout shake her head.

"you're the most beautiful girl i've ever seen in my entire life." scout murmured, making regina blush and look down. 

"i want pictures!" mrs. george exclaimed excitedly making regina roll her eyes.

"mom, really?" she groaned. 

"yes, really! now scootch together!" scout and regina sighed as they moved together. scout wrapped her arm around the blonde's waist, and regina placed a hand on scout's chest smiling up at her. mrs. george took a few shots of them before she finally let them go, scout smiled at the older woman before her and regina walked outside. scout ran to the passenger door and held it open for regina before rushing to her side to start the car. 

"you ready?" scout asked her as she pulled out of the george's driveway. 

"as ready as i'll ever be." regina smiled, grabbing scout's hand as she drove towards the school. "you?" she asked, looking up at scout with a smile. 

"ready as one could be." scout sighed out a laugh. regina squeezed her hand as the pair sat in silence while scout continued to drive towards their school. 

once they arrived scout parked before getting out, and opened the door for regina again. 

"thank you baby." regina smiled as she grabbed scout's hand. "alright, let's do this." regina sighed out as they headed towards the entrance of the school. outside waiting for them was emily, ricky, nini, and nate. 

"hey guys!" nini greeted with a smile, pulling scout into a tight hug. 

"hey neeners." scout smiled, hugging the shorter girl back before nini moved onto hug regina carefully. scout was a little shocked at that because although they now knew regina never cheated on her, nini was still a little apprehensive with the blonde. 

"well don't you look sharp, i wonder who picked the suit out for you." emily teased as she hugged her best friend tightly. 

"yeah, yeah. that dress looks amazing on you em." scout complimented before moving on to hug ricky. "it's so weird to see you without your skater clothes on ranger rick." the brunette teased.