narrative~xix

SCOUT STOOD at the party alone since her two friends weren't talking to her, and regina has yet to show up. she didn't tell anyone except regina and ashton that she was preforming tonight because she wanted it to be a surprise. she drank the beer in her cup and went to get another one when she ran into cady heron, who was looking scary in her zombie ex-wife costume.

"hey scout!" the girl greeted.

"hey cady, nice costume." she complimented, craning her neck to see if she could see regina anywhere.

"not so bad yourself, vampire?"

"you caught me." she joked as she looked to karen and gretchen. she was about to walk over to them when someone wrapped their arm around her shoulder.

"hey lil sis, cady." aaron greeted.

"hello basic boy." scout greeted back, looking at her brothers football costume.

"whatever," he huffed out, turning to cady with a smile. "you made it! and you're a zombie bride."

"an ex-wife." cady told him with a smile.

"love it, can i get you something to drink?" aaron asked her.

'wow look at my brother with the moves' scout thought to herself with a smile. as she watched her brother and cady talk.

"be right back." he told her as he walked off to the kitchen.

"so you and my brother huh?" scout asked with a smirk as she nudged cady's shoulder.

"yeah, regina said she'd talk to him for me!" cady replied with an ear-to-ear smile. "that's okay right?"

"oh it's more than okay, i'd love to see him happy again." scout admitted as she looked to the kitchen and saw aaron and regina talking. she jaw practically dropped when she saw her in the playboy bunny costume she was wearing, her eyes roaming over the girls figure.

'i am so taking that off of her tonig-' scout's thoughts were interrupted by regina grabbing her brother and pulling him in for a kiss. she watched with tear-filled eyes as aaron pulled back, before regina pulled him back in again. scout turned quickly on her heel and left, making her way out of the door as fast as she could.

'of course she was playing me, how could i be so fucking stupid! all she wanted from me was sex' scout's mind screamed at her as she walked home, tears falling freely from her eyes. she decided going home wasn't a good idea right now so she headed towards the bridge her em, and ricky spent so much time at so she could clear her mind for a bit. she didn't want to think, about her friends, about anything, and definitely not about regina. scout's phone buzzed, and as if she was reading her mind she got a text from regina herself.

gina bo bina💓
hey, are you at the party? ashton wants to know if you wanna set up :)
read
scout?
read
i see the typing bubbles

scout🫶🏻
yeah i was there.

gina bo bina💓
okay, are you coming back?

scout🫶🏻
no.

gina bo bina💓
why? i wanted to hear your song

scout🫶🏻
sure you did.

gina bo bina💓
scout where are you??
read
scout?!

scout sighed out as she turned off her phone and stared out at the water rocking back and forth. she thought of last night, and how excited regina sounded over the phone to hear her song. she thought of how great it felt to just be with regina, and even though it was wrong she made her feel like she was on top of the world. she felt safe with her, even though they weren't dating, and they used to despise each other. it definitely wasn't hate sex anymore at least in scout's mind.

her thoughts were interrupted by the sound of a car pulling up behind her, then a door opening, followed by footsteps.

"don't worry, i'm not trying to kill myself. i'm just... thinking." she called out to whoever it was.

"well that's a relief. penny for your thoughts?" a familiar voice called out to her.

"what the hell do you want?" scout muttered bitterly as she turned to face regina.

"what's with the hostility? i was just checking in on you." regina asked, confused as she walked closer to scout.

"oh i don't know regina. maybe the fact that i came to the party to show you the song i wrote for you, then had to watch you play tonsil tenis with my brother! when exactly were you going to tell me that you were getting back together with him? hmm? at the fucking wedding?" scout yelled out angrily.

"scout i-"

"you fucking what?! huh?! you weren't going to tell me, and then continue to lead me on?" scout accused making tears flood regina's eyes.

"no i-"

"you know what?! save it! i can't believe i wrote not one, not even fucking three. FIVE i wrote FIVE fucking songs for you, but all i was, was a fucking game to you! you're too fucking selfish to realize what you do hurts people. i'm fucking in love with you!" scout yelled out, tears falling from her eyes.

"scout, i didn't mean for this to happen okay? i never wanted to hurt you." regina said as she took a step closer to scout.

"no, just don't. whatever we had here is done. have fun fucking my brother regina." scout cried, her voice cracking.

"scout, please." regina pleaded, as she grabbed scout's arm.

"no. fuck you regina george, just do me a favour and never speak to me ever again." scout spat as she walked away, leaving regina alone on the bridge.

scout angrily wiped her tears as she walked home, sobs wracking her body but she didn't care. she was heartbroken, she literally felt it cracking in her chest as she walked.

975 words well... that was fucked up :) one more chapter till act one is finished, how we feelin?