narrative~xvi

SCOUT, EMILY, AND RICKY sat in scout's basement with their bears and a horror movie playing in the background. it was their annual christmas movie night where they stayed at scout's from the twenty second to the twenty fourth. their families were close so they always did christmas together. currently they were watching the newest 'conjuring' movie with a whole bunch of snacks.

regina was in aaron's room, sitting across from him on his bed because he said they needed to talk.

"why did you want to talk?" she asked as she played with her fingers.

"i know you like scout, and i think we should break up." aaron told her with a sympathetic smile.

"y-you do?"

"regina i've known since you broke up with me the first time, and i get that you don't want to come out so i helped be your beard, or whatever. i think you should be with scout, and i know she won't pressure you to come out." he told her honestly, grabbing her hand.

"are you sure?" she asked, sniffling a little. not even realizing that she had started crying at all.

"yes, just do me a favour? take care of my baby sister, okay?"

"okay." she smiled, wiping her tears. "but i'm so saying you broke up with me." she added making both of them laugh.

"sounds good to me, now go get your girl." aaron told her as he made her stand up. regina nodded and hugged him tightly.

"you're a great brother." regina told him as she left his room.

scout looked over her shoulder and saw regina walking out of aaron's room with tears in her eyes.

"can i talk to you?" she asked, noticing scout's eyes on her.

"yeah sure," scout replied, getting up from the pullout bed. "i'll be back guys." she told her friends as she grabbed regina's hand and lead her up to her room. emily and ricky looked at each other and raced up the stairs quietly, so that scout didn't notice.

"uh what are you two doing?" rachel asked as the snuck up to where scout's room was.

"scout and regina are talking, and we want to listen." they told her as they pressed their ears to the door.

"i wanna listen too!" georgia said as she pulled rachel to the door.

"so." scout said as she sat down on her bed.

"so..." regina parroted, sitting next to her.

"wanna tell me why you were crying?"

"i love you, scout. i have since we were fourteen." regina rushed out. scout looked at her in shock? her heart beating so fast she was sure regina could hear it.

"you- you what?" scout asked.

"i love you, and the reason i was crying was because aaron and i broke up and he told me that i should be with you. and i'm sorry that i'm not ready to come out or anything, but i really wanna be with you if that's what you want. i-"

"gina, chill." scout told her, laughing slightly. "i love you too, and i have ever since aaron first brought you here." scout admitted playing with her rings.

"what are you saying?" regina asked nervously.

"i wanna be with you too you dork. now come here." scout told her, wiping her tears with a laugh. regina grabbed scout's jaw and kissed her softly and passionately.

"FINALLY!" four voices yelled from the door as it burst open.

"you guys were fucking listening outside?!" scout exclaimed as her and regina pulled away.