narrative~xiii

there's gonna be a lot of lyrics in this one, sorry in advance-e

SCOUT SAT in bio that afternoon, the talent show was at six tonight and she was so nervous. she hadn't spoken to kaylee and was ignoring her texts, and dms. now she didn't even feel bad for the song she was performing tonight, she was only nervous for regina's reaction. she was brought out of her thoughts by damian hubbard bursting into the class dressed in a santa costume.

"candy cane grams!" he yelled out. the teacher sighed out and let him do his thing handing them out. "candy cane grams for scout samuels! holy shit you got five!" he yelled out as he handed them to her.

"thank you." scout laughed as she placed them on her table. damian kept handing them out as scout read hers out.

'i got you the cherry one cause i know it's your fave'- kaylee. scout rolled her eyes and shoved that one into her bag.

'can't wait for your performance, so proud of you s!!<3-em. scout smiled and placed it into her bag as well, keeping the note in her pocket.

'to my favourite lesbian, i love you so so much scouty. proud of u<3- ranger rick

'thank you for being such an amazing friend, i love you so so much-neeners♡

'thank you for being you<3-gina. scout smiled lightly to herself before keeping the note and unwrapping the candy cane, placing it into her mouth.

"i made a shank to stab kaylee with." emily told her as scout sat on her bed.

"there will be no shanking," georgia stated as she walked into the room. "even if she deserves it for cheating on my baby." she added in hugging scout. scout laughed and hugged her back.

"how many did you get?" emily asked curiously, scout pulled out all the notes, minus the one from kaylee because she threw that one out and gave the candy cane to ricky.

"i got five." she replied, handing the notes to emily.

"awe regina's is so sweet." emily noted, making scout shrug.

"i guess." she mumbled out.

"scout just forgive her already, please." georgia sighed, making both girls look at her confused. "what? i know things! and you two would be so cute together." she defended.

"you know, despite everything that happened. i agree." emily told her. scout just shook her head and got up.

"let's just get ready for the talent show."

scout, emily, nini, ricky all sat in the crowd watching kevin gnapoors rap, all laughing about his witty lyrics. kaylee walked up to them and sat down right next to scout, acting as if her friends weren't all glaring at her. scout ignored her as mr. duvall came on stage.

"thank you kevin, now introducing santa's helpers!" he yelled out out regina, cady, gretchen, and karen all entered the stage.

"ugh they do this every year." kaylee complained.

"shh!" the group hushed her as they started. they watched as gretchen accidentally kicked the boombox at jason's face, the whole crowd erupting in laughter, especially scout.

"deserved!" she yelled out before quickly sitting back down. she watched regina smirk at her, before cady started singing the lyrics. she was joined by aaron, then scout and soon everyone in the auditorium was singing, including regina.

'she's got a good voice' scout thought to herself as she watched in awe.

once the performance was over, scout, nini and kaylee got up as headed to the backstage.