xx-epilogue

you didn't think that was it, did you?-e

SCOUT SAT on the sidelines of regina's lacrosse game, watching with a smile as her girlfriend take down every single girl in her way.

"your girlfriends kinda scary." a voice said from beside her. scout looked to her left to see cady heron standing there, her smile instantly leaving her face.

"yeah well she should be to you." scout replied with a glare. regina may have forgiven her, but scout she hadn't. she literally used regina's insecurities and love for scout against her, and despite how awful of a person regina used to be, even she wouldn't go as far as to create a drama page and blast people all over it. especially as a new addition to the school.

"so you still hate me, got it." cady stated as she turned to walk away.

"i don't hate you, heron. i don't hate anyone, but what you did was fucked up. i know regina used to be an awful person, trust me, she used to make fun of me. that doesn't mean that people can't change, and even when you saw her changing, you still did what you did. simply saying sorry doesn't change the fact that you became even worse than her, and tried to ruin her life for simply dating the guy you liked. she kissed my brother in front of me when we were a thing, and i didn't go and do it. so why did you?" scout explained, then questioned. cady sighed out and sat next to scout.

"i don't know, i just saw regina's amazing life, and thought 'wow, what i'd give to be exactly like her.' i know what i did was horrible, and there's a lot more apologizing i have to do. i just saw breaking the two of you up was an opportunity to make janice happy, and i don't know. but i truly am sorry, to you and regina. and whoever else i've hurt." cady told her, looking at the converse on her feet.

"you know this is the part in the movie where i say i forgive you, but i can't." scout mumbled out, watching regina block another girl from scoring.

"yeah, i get that. just thought i'd tell you again, and maybe one day we can be friends again." cady replied hopefully.

"we weren't friends in the first place," scout paused. "but maybe one day," she added in, offering cady a small smile. the redhead smiled back, happy that scout would at least consider it. "but i'm not setting you up with my brother."

"it's okay, i think the aaron train has left the station." cady laughed before getting up. "later scout." scout simply waved at hee before she smiled at regina who was walking up to her.

"hey baby!" she greeted with a big smile.

"hello there killer, great game." scout replied, standing up to kiss regina softly.

"thanks," regina mumbled against her lips before pulling away. "what did cady want?"

"to apologize." scout mumbled out.

"and what did you say?" regina asked with a hand on her hip.

"told her no? and gave her my reasoning?" scout replied. regina had already tried to convince her numerous times to just forgive her, but scout wouldn't budge on the subject.

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

"scout samuels!" ms. norbury yelled out, making scout stand up, being cheered on by her friends, brothers, georgia, and her mom as she made her way up to the stage. scout took her diploma from ms. norbury and thanked her, flipping her tassel to the left, signifying that she is now graduated. she turned to regina, who was shockingly enough the valedictorian and pulled her in for a kiss dipping her down. she pulled away and threw up a peace sign as she walked off the stage to join her friends in the stands.