narrative~iv

REGINA SAT nervously on her bed with her laptop ready on scout's spotify. her song was supposed to come out in two minutes, and she wanted to be the first person to listen to it -outside of the brunette's friend group of course- she knew the song was about her, i mean the lyrics her friends quoted was enough proof. she wanted scout to be happy, but at the same time she wanted her to be happy with her. she never should've kissed aaron, but at least that way she could keep scout in her life. regina was spiraling, she was eating way too much for her own liking, she was snapping at her friends, and worst of all she'd been secretly hooking up with shane oman.

the blonde sighed into her hands before looking at the time and seeing she had thirty seconds left before scout's song was released. she felt her palms sweating as she clicked the refresh button twice, and scout's song appeared. 'perfectly wrong' -scout samules. regina clicked the song already and intently listened.

taste the poison from your lips
lately, we're as good as gone
oh, our love is drunk and it's
singin' me my favorite song

me and you, we were made to break
i know the truth, but it's much too late

you're perfectly wrong for me
and that's why it's so hard to leave
yeah, you're perfectly wrong for me
you're perfectly wrong for me
all the stars in the sky could see
why you're perfectly wrong for me

oh, you know how much it hurts
every time you say you hate me
but when we're makin' love, you make it worth it
can't believe the places that you take me

there's no use, we were made to break
i know the truth, and it's much too late

you're perfectly wrong for me
and that's why it's so hard to leave
yeah, you're perfectly wrong for me
oh, you're perfectly wrong for me
all the stars in the sky could see
why you're perfectly wrong for me

Oh, and why can't i quit
When you break my heart open?
i need you more than i know, oh
and i can't resist
when you're up against my skin
i never wanna let you go

you're perfectly wrong for me
and that's why it's so hard for me
yeah, you're perfectly wrong for me, mm
hate that you know that i won't leave
yeah, you're perfectly wrong for me

oh
yeah, you're perfectly wrong for me
and that's why it's so hard for me
yeah, you're perfectly wrong for me, yeah
oh, you're perfectly wrong for me
hate that you know that i won't leave
yeah, you're perfectly wrong for me

when the song finished regina was in tears, full blown sobbing. she knew she'd hurt scout, but she had no clue it was truly this bad. she tucked her knees into her chest and cried harder, realizing that she really fucked up, and never should've started the friends with benefits in the first place. if she didn't she would never have hurt scout, they'd still hate each other even if they didn't. and she wouldn't be crying this hard at a song at midnight, in her room, alone. she sniffled as her phone started buzzing beside her, and when she picked it up she silently prayed it was scout, but it was gretchen.

"h-hello?"

"regina! are you okay?"

"no, i just listened to scout's song and i really fucked up gretch." she told her friends as sobs left her mouth.

"i'm coming over...if that's okay?"

"please." regina cried out.

scout sat on her wheelie chair in her room, spinning around in circles as she listened to her song. it definitely wasn't the one she was going to play for regina at the halloween party, but this one definitely got her feelings across. emily and ricky sat on her floor as she whisper yelled the lyrics since everyone in the samules' house was sleeping.

"i love it so much!" ricky told her excitedly.

"yeah me too, how does kaylee feel about it?" emily asked.

"she said it was basically my final fuck you to regina." scout laughed as she grabbed her guitar.

"what's wrong?" ricky asked standing straight up.

"well there was this other song that i wrote for regina when i was going to confess to her, and i think i want to preform it at the talent show before break. i just don't know how kaylee's gonna react." scout admitted shyly.

"let us hear it!" emily exclaimed.

"okay okay!" scout joked as she started strumming her guitar and played her song 'imagination'

"scout that was fucking beautiful." ricky told her as he wiped away fake tears.

"i definitely think you should play it, and maybe just don't tell kaylee it's about regina." emily told her. "are you sure you're over her?"

"yes i am, it's just i really like this song and i want people to hear it." scout stated, placing her guitar back in its spot.

"then preform it, it's so fucking good for you not to!" emily told her with ricky agreeing. scout's phone buzzed in her pocket so she pulled it out, her face contorted into confusion making emily and ricky look at her.

"what?" ricky asked. scout said nothing but showed her phone to them.

instagram
reginageorge: the song was so good, i'm proud of u

"oh my god this bitch." emily grumbled out. scout shrugged it off and deleted the notification.

938 words, i can't wait for the talent show chapter, it's gonna be messsssy ;)