xviii

SCOUT STOOD in front of regina's house with shaking hands, she didn't want to be here, but the bigger part of her wanted to see if she was at least okay. she shakily rang the doorbell as she patiently waited for someone to answer. her heart nearly stopped when she heard the sound of footsteps walking up to the door, then it nearly jumped out of her chest when mrs. george answered the door.

"scout honey! i'm surprised to see you here. come in come in." she greeted, pulling the girl in for a hug.

"thanks mrs. george, i just wanted to check on g- regina and see how she's doing." scout replied honestly.

"well i will take you to her then." the older woman smiled as she led scout up to regina's room, full well knowing she knew exactly where it was. she just didn't want scout to back out, especially seeing how sad regina's been lately. "regina you have a visitor." she called out before opening the door.

"scout?" regina questioned when her eyes landed on the brunette.

"hey..." scout breathed out.

"i'll leave you two alone." mrs. george stated with a wink before leaving the room quickly.

"so... how are you doing?" scout asked as she walked further into the room awkwardly.

"well let's see, i was hit by a bus, and the love of my life thinks i cheated on her. so, not too great." regina answered sadly.

"yeah, that's part of the reason i came here actually." scout mumbled. regina looked at her softly and patted her bed, signalling to the brunette that she could sit down. they sat in silence for a few minutes before regina spoke up.

"you came here to talk, so what's up?"

"is it true?" scout finally asked, not being able to bring herself to look at the blonde next to her.

"is what true? me cheating on you?" regina questioned.

"yeah." scout sighed out.

"no, it's not. i never have, nor would i ever cheat on you." regina told her truthfully.

"then why did cady say it?" scout asked, she knew cady was a bitch who was basically the new regina, but she had no reason to lie to scout.

"why did you believe her?" regina countered.

"i don't know." scout mumbled, looking down at her fingers.

"yes you do, tell me." regina pleaded, grabbing scout's chin and making her face her.

"it's just, after allison, and kaylee. whenever anybody says anything about cheating, i kind of jump the gun."

"i get that, but you need to know scout, i love you. i would never do anything to hurt you, and i can't imagine being with anyone else. ever." regina told her honestly, wiping a tear from scout's cheek.

"dicks that good huh?" scout joked, making regina giggle.

"there you go again, making jokes to avoid awkward tension." regina laughed.

"you know me." scout shrugged.

"i do."

"and i know you. i'm sorry i believed her gina. i never should've, if i hadn't you... you wouldn't be in this position right now." scout ranted, more tears falling from her eyes.