Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Fingers gripped my chin. The hair over my skin rose as my back pressed against the wall behind me. Threatening red eyes stared back at me. I knew what was coming.

This was bad. Very bad. I wasn't meant to end up in a situation like this, where I had to fed on by a night eater.

"From wherever I like..." he whispered, his canines elongating as his true face came to light. The skin surrounding his mouth turned into a dark shade of grey as he inched closer to mine.

His thumb dragged along my lower lip. I didn't breathe. My chest grew tight and my head hot. This wasn't meant to be the way I would have my first kiss.

He didn't kiss me. Not exactly. He bit down on my lower lip, drawing blood. I closed my eyes tight while expecting the pain to be greater than I thought it would be. But it wasn't.

My body tingled. He sucked on the little blood he managed to get before parting his mouth away from mine and licking his own lips. When the taste of my metallic blood entered my mouth, I held back from swallowing it.

"I think I want more, little witch." A grin spread over his face, brightening his dangerous features even more.

"I think you've had enough," I mumbled, stepping forward and planning my departure. My cheeks turned red and hot. I narrowed my gaze and headed straight for the door, embarrassed of all that had happened.

Just as I reached the door, a tight hand came around my wrist, pulling me back. At the same sudden moment, I caught a glimpse of the pentacle tattoo on his lower back.

Fuck.

He was one of them.

"I don't think so," He said with a smirk before forcing me against the counter. "I'm not done yet."

His mouth returned to my neck, this time differently. My lips parted as I choked on my breaths. Several wild sensations spread through me as I gripped his shoulder. At the sudden rise of my emotions, I didn't think about the mark or anything else but only his mouth which moved against my neck and lower to my collarbone.

"Bite me," I whispered before a breathy moan left my lips. I never imagined saying that to a night-eater but here I was, wanting to be bitten.

My mind reeled. What was happening? What had I done? This was surely one of the effects of the magic I had done. The vision of Callan came when I was at the peak of my pleasure. And my blood, I let it dissolve into the small drawing of the pentacle—the mark.

He was one of the men I needed to give Alexandria.

There was no straight black magic. The outcome of every spell was different and there were a thousand spells in this world. I was merely an amateur witch, with barely any knowledge of witchcraft.

Something in my belly tightened as his canines sunk into the hollow of my neck. I didn't feel any pain and even if there was a sprinkle of it, it subsided as quickly as it came. My body grew hot, and needy in a way I had never felt.

I curled my fingers around his hair, forgetting the mission I was on, and let him have my blood. My hips went forward, insides yearning. I pressed my teeth together, holding myself back from making a mistake right here and right now.

My coat draped off my shoulders and the buttons of my shirt came undone. My chest rose and dropped as heavy breaths left my throat. He drew his sharp canines away from my throat and lowered his mouth to my collarbone, sucking my flesh.

This couldn't be happening.

I pushed him with all the strength I had and he moved a few steps away. A smile lingered on his face. The hunger from his eyes was long gone, replaced with raw, exciting lust.

Instantly, I fell into a well of guilt. I had done this to him. He was spelled—he was under my spell. A man like him would've never approached me unless there was a pull toward me.

All this—it was my doing.

I closed my shirt, buttoning it up. "We can't do this," I whispered, my voice trembling.

"Why not?" He pushed his hair away from his and stepped forward, enclosing me once more. "You were clearly enjoying. I have never seen a woman enjoy pain as much as you've. They often scream when they feel their flesh tear."

I swallowed hard, shaking my head while my eyes barely met his. God. I was ashamed. My hand reached for my throat where I felt the pulsating sensation only growing on the spot where he had bitten me.

"I—I didn't enjoy it."

"Mmm."

I threw my coat on my shoulders and tightened it around myself. "I suppose I should leave now," I said while covering the stain over my cheeks.

"Only if you want to." He walked away from me and leaned over the counter behind me before smiling.

I glared at the mark of the pentacle on his back. It was barely visible from the front but it was clear on the back. What was I meant to do with it? Tell the Queen about him?

"Nice tattoo," I stated while sinking my hands into my pockets and catching my breath.

The grin over his face disappeared, "It's not a tattoo," He responded, his tone a little different now. "I suppose you should leave now." His lips lined straight almost as if I had offended him.

I wanted to ask him where he had gotten the tattoo from. I was curious about the curse Alexandria Sven had told me about and what she wanted from these men.

Surely not what was going on in my head.

"Goodbye, Callan," I said, reaching for the door and finding my way out of the apartment while he remained behind the counter.

The question about the pentacle had surprised him. Why?

"Goodbye, little witch."

I stepped out and quickly rushed away from the door while strategizing a new plan to get these men to Alexandria without losing my sanity. This was just the beginning. I had only found one of them and Callan was nearby, that was why I could find him easily.

It didn't take me a lot of time to come to a conclusion about the bar and the man in my vision.

When I returned to my car, I finally managed to breathe. My cheeks were bright red in the reflection and my lipstick was smeared. The two wounds on my neck began to close and heal, but they were going to stay for a very long time.

I was sure of that.

"Mom, I'm home!" I exclaimed, walking into the quiet house.

From the sounds of it, she was inside the kitchen, burning it up with her cooking.

"How was your friend?" She asked, stepping out with a clean pot in her hands. "You should've invited her for dinner. I'm almost done with it."

I gulped down hard, "It was good. Finally found her. She had to leave soon so I couldn't really invite her for dinner." I replied, lying to her as well as I could.

"Ah, that's a pity."

Read up to chapter 50 on Patreon; www.patreon.com/miakerr

com/miakerr