Chapter 58

Chapter 58

"No," I gave him a deadly stare while my blood rushed to my cheeks in embarrassment. It wasn't the wisest decision to have sex in a house where someone could surely hear me. My eyes rolled back and I continued, "It's something else."

He leaned against the wall and crossed his arms over his chest. "What is it, then?" The uncanny smirk didn't disappear from his face.

I brushed my hair behind my ears and lowered my gaze before collecting my thoughts and responding to him. It took me a moment after what he had commented. "The mountains. I've been getting a feeling since a yesterday about the mountains. There are covens of witches there, abandoned, forgotten but powerful witches living there. What if we take some help from them? What if they knew about the curse?" I explained.

The smirk finally left his face and his lips thinned as he gave my words a thought. A quick second later, he shook his head and stood up from the ground. "No."

That's all?

I went behind him, knowing there was something in the mountains. They were calling for me. "Why not?"

"Those witches are dangerous. Most of those witch covens have been banished because of the magic they practice. Do you really think they are going to help you?" Elijah snapped and turned to me.

"Why not? I know there's someone there who has more knowledge about this curse than we do. What is the issue if we simply go there and ask them?"

"They are going to kill you." A warning set off in his tone and even then, I didn't bother with listening to it.

"No one kills anyone just like that." My hands spread in the air in disbelief.

Elijah shook his head. Clearly disagreeing. Walking past me, he stepped out of the room, but I didn't stay there, I followed him, unwilling to let this simply go. I was feeling something and I had to know what it was. What kind of help could be found in the mountains?

"Please," I begged him. "I know there's something—or someone there who can help us and your mother's rule doesn't reaches there. No one will know where we are, or even if we are together. Those people probably despise her!" My voice thickened as I came further into realization.

There wasn't much knowledge I had about Vragus, but I always kept myself updated.

"And do you think they do not despise me?" He turned and asked.

I didn't even think about that—about Elijah. He was Alexandria's only son. He shared blood and everything that came along in the bloodline he was born in.

"I'll take Dion with me," I suggested upon finding him stepping down the stairs. He buttoned up the last few buttons of his shirt and reached down. "I know what I'm doing. It's clear I can't do this on my own, and we need help before we all are dead."

Elijah clenched his jaw and then turned his hands into fists as I finished. The silence grew as Dion glanced at me and then at him. I waited for Elijah's approval, not that I could leave without him lifting the spell he had casted on me, to forbade me from leaving this—his house unless he wanted me to.

"Fine," He grunted in frustration. "We'll go."

"Where?" Dion asked.

Elijah walked past him and whispered, "To all of our deaths."

This had to be over as quickly as it was possible, and sitting here wasn't going to be helpful. We simply didn't have the knowledge about the curse, or the sort of black magic that was used by Stephan Sven to create it. And why had he done it to begin with? Did he fear Alexandria's magic? Or was there something we didn't know about her?