Chapter 45

Chapter 45

There was no way to prove to them I could break a strong spell crafted by the strongest witch ever known, Stephan Sven, but there were voices in my head, voices who spoke with me, told me what to do and when to do it. When I killed my father, I used the spell of death which reached to me in the middle of my night.

It was a voice in my mind—my own voice and it told me what needed to be done. I didn't think of it much until now.

"Do you really think you're able to break a hundred-year-old curse?" Elijah asked while curling his hands in the back. "A curse which was put by my grandfather to protect this world. Do you think a twenty somewhat girl like you can possibly even think of it?"

"What's the harm in trying?" I cocked a brow while watching him cautiously.

His eyes flicked over my face before the corner of his mouth lifted. "You cannot."

"And if I can?"

"You cannot."

"But what if I can?" I reached closer and rose my head to meet his eyes.

"I'll not kill you. Simple as that." He smiled, wider, still believing it was all nothing but a joke—a bluff.

"You're not going to kill me either way." I shot back.

"Do you want to try me?" There was barely any distance between us.

Callan placed his hand over his chest and pushed him till we were separated from each other. My chest rose and dropped as I continued to stare at him and his evil eyes that pierced straight through my soul.

"You're not going to kill her," Callan said. "No matter what she has done, or all the fuckery she has caused, you're not going to kill her, nor is anyone else." He cleared the air.

Elijah sighed in frustration. "She's the root of the problem. If I snap her neck, my mother's not going to get any information from anyone else and this will all end here." He crossed the promise he made to me and said.

"No." Callan warned.

"Fine," He thrust his hands away from him and began to walk away. I watched his muscular back and then his arms which moved in the air. "She's not leaving this house so watch her while I try to come up with a fucking solution that isn't going to lead us to our graves."

The atmosphere changed as soon as he was gone from the room. My shoulders finally relaxed and warmth spread through me. It was suffocating me, that odd man's presence. I wasn't sure if it was because he was a witch or something else.

"I'm going to check the court and take a run at the same time. Will be back before evening." Dion announced before stepping outside of the house.

His bones cracked and twisted as he snapped into his wolf form in a matter of a few minutes. I turned away, closing my eyes at the sight of his wolf. It disappeared into the nearby land in seconds and once he was gone, there was no one here except for Callan.

Finally. Alone with him.

I turned, getting his eyes. There were words in my throat, but they were all stuck. I didn't know what to say. Apologize?

"I'm sorry—"

He cut me off and walked past me before sitting down. "I don't need it."

I sat down beside him and turned toward him. "I'm sorry, Callan. I didn't want to hurt you, ever. By the time I knew about you, it was too late. I made the deal with Alexandria and there was no way I could've backed out without getting myself killed." I placed my hand over his shoulder and he still didn't glance in my direction.

"You could've told me, Vivian." His voice was cold, as cold as the night was going to get. He was hurt and I could tell that.

I knew him the longest, and we shared a lot of things together. I had spent nights with him and let him take my virginity.

"I was scared—scared of how you'd react and there was just too much going on. I didn't know what I was thinking," My legs folded underneath as I neared him, hoping to grab his attention. "I don't want to lose you," I whispered, tilting my head.

His head turned, finally. Eyes met with mine and I smiled. My heart beat fast in my chest. He didn't push me away or walk away from me. Instead, his hand brushed over my shoulder before slipping behind my neck.

I hissed as he grabbed a chunk of my hair and held it between his fingers while pulling me over himself at the same time. His hand skimmed over my neck and chest while his mouth neared mine.

"Don't ever think of double-crossing me again." He said, a heated warning in his tone.

I shook my head, "I won't. I promise."

What do you think Callan's going to do to her?

Option 1: Punish her

Option 2: Drink from her

Read the full book on Patreon, or on Inkitt.

Patreon: www.patreon.com/miakerr

Inkitt: https://www.inkitt.com/miakerr/subscriptions