Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Hours had passed by.

There was a sudden uproar of heat in my lower belly as if I was a female wolf in her breeding cycle. I had been thankful day and night for not being a werewolf even though it was in my stronger genes to become one. It infuriated my father when he realized I couldn't shift or become a werewolf like him.

Worse, he blamed my mother for her and beat her to pulp for weeks after my thirteenth birthday.

I flung the window open and took a glance at the bottle in the corner. It was in place and it hadn't broken yet, but the odd scent was now reeking in the air around. Thankfully, it wasn't in my room.

I blamed the spell for the heat inside me. It created a connection between me and the marked men—a rather sexual one.

The light had left the skies and the moon had risen. It was five minutes before eight when I went out of the royal court and into the gardens where I hoped Callan would be waiting for me. When I reached, he wasn't anywhere.

I sighed and waited near the lush tree before sending a text to him, telling him I was here and waiting.

I began to contemplate what I was doing here, especially after the last surprise he had given me yesterday night. My screams were still echoing in my ears. What was he going to do this time?

Something, a cloth, came over my eyes and then over my mouth. I didn't even have a moment to understand. Before I could scream, I became silenced and blinded. Strong, tough hands came around me, tugging me away. Thoughts raced in my mind while my heart trembled in my chest.

"Shh. Be quiet." Callan said in my ears before parting his hand away from my mouth.

I swallowed my scream, "What are you doing?" I demanded to know.

The cloth on my head and eyes tightened along with the hold over my wrists. It wasn't just him. There was someone else. Dion. It should be him.

They forced me to walk on my feet. I tried to reach for the cloth over my eyes, but my hands were restrained. I saw nothing ahead except for darkness. The only sense I could use was my nose to smell as we left the gardens and headed elsewhere.

"Where are you taking me?" I repeated and every time I asked, I was silenced.

The voice of a car's engine roared in my ears. A hand came over my waist before I felt it shove against me. I fell into the car. My chest rose and dropped. The same hand wrapped around my thighs, pushing my legs into the car as well. My back pressed against the seat.

My heart thumped in fear as my hands, finally free, reached for the blindfold, but before I could take it off, I felt another hand around me.

"Don't take it off," Callan said, "Not until I say so." I could hear him only inches away from me, his warm breath trailing down my cheek and neck.

"What are you doing with me?"

"Just wait, little witch." He held my both hands in his one and pulled them down, toward his legs.

I didn't fight. The engine of the car spurt even louder as the wheels began to turn. In only a few seconds, I felt the car moving across the bricked road near the royal court where people had their cars parked.

My head moved left and right in both panic and fear.

"Take the left, go straight from the woods, and turn off the lights," Callan said, loosening his grip on my hands for a split second only.