Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Sunlight flooded in through the sheer curtains as I sat on the edge of the bed, my phone against my ear, nearly dropping over my shoulder as I spoke to my mother. It had been two weeks since I had left her home and I missed her more than anything else.

"Is everything working well there?" I asked her, concern still in my voice even after so many days had passed by. "If there's something you need, please let me know."

"Everything's fine, Viv. I only miss you, nothing else."

My head met with the headboard of the bed, and I sighed in relief. She had always been my first and last worry. After everything that happened last year, I couldn't risk letting anyone hurt her, even if it was some random stranger on the street. She had enough pain for a lifetime.

"Tell me about yourself. When do you plan to visit me? It's been forever since I haven't seen your face." She said, sounding sad and down over the fact that I had been gone.

"Hopefully by the end of this week. I just have some things to sort before the week ends, but after that, I'll stay with you for a few nights." I promised her.

So much had happened in these days I had spent here, from losing my virginity to taking two men at one night—it was overwhelming, extreme. Just the thought of them both made my insides tingle and flutter in desires.

I had stayed sore for days and days after the night spent in the forest. But the morning after it, I felt different after taking energy from the dead witches they had killed. It surely made an effect on me. It broadened my knowledge itself, forced me to practice more and more to the point where I was brewing magic in the fours walls of my room with no one's knowledge.

How was it even possible?

The call with my mom ended soon as she had to rush to the door to pick some mails. By the beginning of next month, she was starting a nursing job at the local hospital. It was going to distract her and set her intentions elsewhere. The house was becoming a bit too lonely for her, especially with me gone.

Midday, Dion invited me to a run with him in the woods nearby the court and while he walked shirtless, I only stared at his perfectly shaped muscles than anything else.

"The Silverstream Pack wolves can get vicious sometimes," he said, showing the scars on his body that he had received from other wolves. "But the duels are an enjoyment for everyone. I haven't lost a single duel till date." He grinned with pride before buttoning up a shirt.

I barely held my gaze back.

"How often do you have these duels?" I asked him, curious to see one.

Shirtless men fighting one and another was going to be a wonderful scene. A perfect distraction for me.

"Every week—Sunday's. There's one this week. You can come if you'd like."

My smile turned into a frown when I realized my father's family was surely going to be there. "Maybe. I'll see if I'm in a mood to see men fight like animals." I whispered while racing my hand down his bulging arm.

"We are animals," He said, his eyes growing dark. "These duels are a way of life for us. It's how we prove ourselves, how we gain respect and honor in our world. It's how we become men." His arm stretched, hand going to the back of my head before he pulled me closer.

A part of me agreed with him. Their wolves demanded for violence. But I remained unsure if it was best to go into my father's pack and come in the public's eye. There were a couple of days for me to decide.