Chapter 57

Chapter 57

My neck ached as the mark began to settle over my skin. It was going to take a few days before I could feel better. Over the next few days, I'd feel some changes over my body, increased heat, and need for Dion, but at the same time, his strength was going to run through my veins and his smell all over my body.

I wasn't sure if Claudia would stop, nor I knew anything about the werewolf world and how it worked—but I hoped she would.

There was another battle I was fighting and I didn't want to deal with Aunt.

My fingers traced the curves of the mark on Dion's wrist. It was visible as he was shirtless, lying beside me. The same feeling rushed through my body as it did when I touched Elijah. Men and women seated on rocky ground with a fire burning between them. It was an odd, crippling feeling that ticked me off.

I turned my head around and glanced at the window near the bed. It was fairly large and I caught a glimpse of the mountains that were far from here.

The north.

"What is in these mountains?" I asked, my voice low as a whisper, but it quickly gained Dion's attention.

"Different witch clans and some abandoned packs. It's forbidden by Alexandria to go there and whoever does, they go on their own." He explained behind me as I sat up straight on the bed.

My gaze was fixated on the scenery ahead. The skies were slowly beginning to get dark and the sun was disappearing behind the mountains. There was a golden hue over them, and while it was beautiful, there was something terrifying about it.

Dion rose up, trailing his finger down my bare back. "You feeling okay?"

"Yes," I nodded. "I'm just curious about those mountains."

"Don't be. There's nothing pretty in them."

I turned around to him and furrowed my brows. "Have you been there before?"

"Yes, countless times, but years ago. It's a pretty sight but it's deadly at the same time. The mark somehow made me immortal, otherwise, I would've been killed there the last time I went." He said, horror in his eyes.

I slumped back over his arms, resting for a few minutes as they wrapped around me. There was a rush in my body and I was feeling extra jumpy than usual. My mind was working far better than before and I wasn't sure if it was the sex or the marking.

"You should take a shower. I need to see Elijah for something." I quickly rose up from the bed as something clicked into my mind.

Grabbing my jacket, I buttoned it up before placing a kiss on Dion's cheek and leaving the room. I rushed downstairs, not caring how I appeared, or what I smelled like. I needed to tell Elijah something, something that could bring us closer to breaking the curse.

I couldn't let any of them die, especially now that I had taken Dion's mark and he had shared such an intimate moment with me while forgetting all that I had done.

I was falling hard and not just for him.

Fuck.

It was my own doing, I couldn't even blame anyone.

"Elijah!" I snapped as I didn't find him in the living room, where I usually saw him. My head dashed left and right. I couldn't find him anywhere.

I ran my fingers through my head before going into the kitchen. There was no certain smell in it, but I believed he wasn't wrong about rodents. Slamming the door shut, I headed to another one of the rooms downstairs and it was a large bedroom where I found him.

He was seated on the wooden ground, his legs crisscrossed against one another while one of his hands carried a fistful of salt. He had drawn half a circle around himself but stopped upon finding me at the door.

"Come in." He said, looking up at me.

I swallowed hard and stepped forward. My heart skipped a beat as moved closer and went straight into the circle before sitting down opposite of him. He closed the circle of salt and dusted his hands.

"What are you doing?" I asked, my voice trembling a little. I wasn't aware of every magic that happened around me.

Elijah sighed, rubbing his forehead. "Hiding you and myself from my mother."

"But didn't you already do that?"

"The spell broke when Dion marked you. His venom is now your blood," Elijah drew out a small knife from the side and handed it over to me while having the blade in his palm. "I need your blood. It's different, and I've to cover the scent you've on yourself as well. Even if my mother or her witches can't track you, some werewolf from his pack surely can."

I took the knife from his hand and turned the blade to my palm before creating a small cut on the bottom, where I felt the least pain. I recalled pushing needles into my lower palm and it barely ever hurt as a child.

Little blood seeped from the cut and Elijah held my hand stiffly before whispering some words under his breath. I took a deep breath, trying to steady my nerves while watching him put a spell on me.

Something about him still terrified me.

What was it?

He sank his thumb into the little blood that came from the cut and a few seconds later, he pulled his hand away from mine.

"Perfect."

"What's with the salt?" I shot my brow again while questioning the white powder around me. I knew for sure it was salt.

"It's to make sure no one knows I'm practicing. Blood spells fall into the category of the magic my mother has forbade every witch to do." He replied, explaining to me before breaking the circle of salt and showing it to me.

"But we practiced magic earlier. You didn't put salt then, or when you first spelled me into staying in the house." When one question went, four more came into my mind.

"Because Dion wasn't here then. Anyone could've followed and tracked him right here. We have no idea," Elijah shrugged, but the ease on his face didn't disappear. "But they don't have any idea either that you're here, or I'm here. So, who's smarter?"

"Clearly not you," A smile spread over my face while his mouth turned into a frown. "I wanted to tell you something, something I just felt when I was with Dion upstairs."

"What? His dick? Or his knot?" My mouth hung open. "I doubt he'd give you any time soon. You're too tight for it."

Read the full book Patreon, or on my Inkitt Subscription.

Patreon: www.patreon.com/miakerr

Inkitt: https://www.inkitt.com/miakerr/subscriptions