Chapter 47

Chapter 47

Elijah

I grabbed the phone from her hand and cut off the call. My mother's words rang in my ears. It was nothing new, nothing I hadn't already heard before. Violence ran in our blood. We were bred from it, from immorality.

"Give it back to me." Vivian screeched, trying to pry the phone from my hold.

I stepped back, and her tries became a fail. "You're not going anywhere." I reminded her while switching off the phone and sliding it into my pockets. Any more calls from my mother were going to go nowhere.

She turned to Callan and plead through her eyes. "Please. I've to go back." She begged him, not me, though I wanted her to. I wouldn't listen to either way, but watching her begging for her freedom was a delight.

Callan glanced at me and I shook my head at his question. He understood. We couldn't let her leave, it was too dangerous. There were going to be repercussions and the last thing either of us wanted was to be dead, or worse used in a ritual to break a curse.

"She has my mother, Callan. I've to go there, I've to listen to her. You don't understand what it means. She threatened her. Please." She begged him, again and again.

I tried to come up with something quick, but with her voice ringing in my head, I barely could. There had to be a way out of this. My mother couldn't reach Vivian for as long as she stayed here, under this house I had spelled. She could never find her and without her help, she couldn't find the other two—Grayson and I.

"Give me back my phone!" She snapped, her hand reaching me.

I grabbed her wrist before she could reach into her pockets. "You're not going back, to her or the court. Get that through your head."

Her eyes leveled with mine, her emotions shifting within them. She slammed her hand against my chest, nearly pushing me a few steps back. "You promised me you'd fucking protect my mother." She yelled as rage began to consume her.

"And I did," I grabbed her arms. "I sent two men there, at the location, and there was no way any of them could be fought by anyone."

I left her arms and stepped away to think for another minute. My men couldn't have been defeated, not my mother's people. They must've taken her mother before, before I sent them there. Which meant, my mother knew there was something cooking in the air.

Fuck.

"Oh, then why is she being held hostage by your mother's people?" Vivian folded her arms across her chest and asked, her bruised neck tilted.

I caught a glimpse of the punctured marks on her neck, where Callan had fed from earlier. Everything reached my ears. The walls of this house were as thin as they could get.

"I'll go find her," Callan interrupted, putting her arms on her and keeping her calm before she turned all of us manic, and herself. No doubt about that. "Dion and I have worked for Alexandria for years, I know where she keeps her prisoners and we will figure out where your mother is and get her out of there. But, Elijah's right, you cannot leave."

"But what if you can't?" She asked, her voice shifting again and tears appearing in her eyes as she turned to Callan.

"I will. Trust me. I know Vragus far better than anyone else and we'll find her before tomorrow morning." He sounded promising and I had no doubt.

Callan had spent most of his life here, serving my mother and being favored by her. He was one of her favorite handymen until thirty years ago, a few days before I left the city. Ever since then, everything has been different here. I didn't bother to return until now when I found out there was a witch putting a spell on me.