The punishment

Lee-

"Isn't it time to talk to Cole? He is the head bodyguard, at least give him a chance to explain things." Shawn ran in my direction; I knew its high time and I should now finally face him.

"What do you think, Shawn?" I asked as I should at the minimum ask for his point of view because I didn't want to take any bad decisions as at the end of the day Cole was like a brother to me.

"Me? .... Uh! Cole, ahm... has always proven himself worthy of your trust and what he did was inevitable as, you don't like being betrayed and would take actions against Jasmine, sir." He said and nodded in respect.

"But, does this give him the right to act on my behalf? Don't I get the slightest amount of opportunity to ask Jasmine? Done I have the right to do so?" I said folding my hands and trying to put my calm.

"Sir, I think you are right, but Cole isn't wrong either." He said puzzling me even more than I already was.

"So, Cole is right?" I asked without showing any expressions on my face.

"No, that's not what I was saying.... It's just that he's not completely wr-" he didn't even get to complete his sentence as I interrupted.

"You know what? You're not helping. Probably your hair turned white without much of a struggle." I said getting very irritated as he muddled me and I found him tattling shit.

"Sir, Cole killing her was the right decision but without your approval was wrong." He finally spoke something which didn't hurt that bad.

"Oh! Your brain cells are working now?" I said mocking him and he peered down on the floor.

"Sir, I might be crossing the boundaries but please, talk to him before..." he said and stopped not finding the right word.

"Killing him? Hmm... probably!" I said and walked away.

Shawn was in favor of Cole, dad supported him too. Jordan wasn't saying much although he was held captive here because of Cole, so whom do I listen to? Why do I have to think what they want? My word would be the decree, right? But it's Cole, he is my brother and murdering my brother would be too much.

Another thing I never focused on, was him falling for me. Cole was in love with me since.... I don't know and I never knew anything about it. I didn't have the foggiest idea of the man whom I thought was my brother had feelings for me.

I ran upstairs not minding the lift as usual and stood in front of the room he was in, as I entered, Cole was sitting on the chair, his hands weren't tied nor was he beaten to death. Everything appeared to be comfortable for him, but his face has lost the light. The honesty he always had, which made me believe in him was gone.

"It's comfortable, isn't it?" I said strolling towards him.

"So? You finally chose to talk?" he said gazing down on the floor.

"Well, okay! Jasmine was a traitor. Her death was foreseeable, but why didn't you tell me first?" I said because I probably made a fool out of myself not knowing the true intentions behind her good deed.

"You would've trusted me?" he said leaving me speechless.

"You think I never trusted you? You were my head bodyguard; dad shared those blackmailing details with you, not me." I said in disappointment.

"I wanted to fucking kill myself when you suspected me for father's death, so don't talk about trust when you know nothing." He yelled in anger.

"But in the end, you stabbed me in the back, didn't you?" I screamed grabbing his neck, he didn't react to it and chose to sit quiet.