1. In a cage and dobby's warning

(Harry Potter is in her bedroom looking at the picture book Hagrid gave her at the end of her first year at Hogwarts; she looks at the picture of herself as a baby with her parents, then turns the page to look at a picture of her with her closest friends, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger; she then hears her owl Hedwig chirping and hooting in her cage.)

"I've been meaning to ask where is Hedwig" Tyler asked for those who didn't know started to ask "oh. She's dead" Violet said "oh" Tyler said sadly

Harry - I can't let you out, Hedwig. And I'm not allowed to use magic outside of school. (Hedwig nibbles at her lock, squawking loudly) Besides, if Uncle Vernon--

Vernon - (angrily from downstairs) Harry Potter!

Harry - (glances downstairs then looks at Hedwig before closing her book and going downstairs) Now you've done it.

(In the kitchen, Petunia is working on a cake as Harry enters.)

Petunia - He's in there, Vernon.
(Harry enters the living room, where Uncle Vernon is getting Dudley dressed up.)

Vernon - I'm warning you. If you can't control that bloody bird, it'll have to go.

Harry - But she's bored. If I could only let her out for... an hour or two.

Vernon - (chuckles) So you can send secret messages to your freaky little friends? No, sir.

Harry - But I haven't had any messages from any of my friends. Not one. All summer.

People looked at Hermione and Ron in shock, Remus in anger, "You didn't write to her?! all Summer?!" Violet jumps from the couch, still manages to sits on Remus lap "They did! They did! Just watch the movie."

Dudley - Who would want to be friends with you? (bumps Harry harshly)

Vernon - I should think you'd be a little more grateful. We've raised you since you a were a baby, given you the food off our table, even let you have Dudley's second bedroom and let you go to not only one but two schools we purely out of the goodness of our hearts.

Petunia - (to Dudley) Not now, bumpkins. It's for when the Masons arrive.

Vernon - Which should be any minute. (motions for his family to come into the living room) Now, let's go over our schedule once again, shall we? Petunia, when the Masons arrive, you will be...?

Petunia - In the lounge, waiting to welcome them graciously to our home.

Vernon - Good. And, Dudley, you will be...?

Dudley - I'll be waiting to open the door.

Vernon - Excellent. (the three of them turn to Harry with scornful looks) And you...?

Harry - I'll be in my bedroom, making no noise and pretending that I don't exist.

Vernon - Too right you will. With any luck, this could well be the day I make the biggest deal of my career, and you will not mess it up.