4.Boggart and Talent for trouble

(In A tall wardrobe rattles violently as Harry, Ron and several classmates regard it warily)

Lupin - Intriguing, yes? Would anyone like to venture a guess as to what's inside?

Dean - that's a Boggart that is.

Professor Lupin - Very good Mr.Thomas. Can anyone tell us what a Boggart looks like?

Hermione - No one knows (Ron jumps and glances at Hermione then whispers to Harry.)

Ron - When'd she get here? (Harry just shrugs and narrows her eyes at Hermione)

Many narrows there eyes suspiciously at Hermione while all she did was share a smile with violet.

Hermione - Boggarts are shape-shifters.
They take the shape of whatever a particular person fears most. That's what makes it so-

Lupin - so Terrifying yes. Yes Luckily a very simple charm exists to repel a Boggart. Let's practice it now shall we? Without wands please...after me...Riddikulus

Students - Riddikulus

Lupin - very good a little louder and very clear listen. Riddikulus!

Students - Riddikulus!

Draco -(muttering softly) It's this class that's ridiculous.

Lupin - Good. So much for the easy part. You see, the incantation alone is not enough. What really finishes a Boggart off is laughter. You need to force it to assume a shape you find truly amusing. Let me explain Uh Neville come up here and join me please come on don't be shy (Neville eyes the rattling wardrobe, he turns to look at Harry for reassurance as she gives him a thumbs up and smiles he slowly steps forward queasily)

"You got this Neville" Cheered the Wesleys and most of the hall.

Lupin - hello Neville now what would you say is the thing that frightens you most?

Neville - Profter...Snafpt...

Lupin - I'm sorry I didn't catch that could you say that again but u say it a little bit loud Neville.

Neville - Professor Snape.

"He shouldn't scare you though, he's a teacher" McGonagall and Molly said sadly

(Everyone laughs)

Harry - Shut up! (causing everybody to stop laughing Lupin nods thankfully.)

Lupin - Hmmm...yes. Ok now Neville I believe you live with your grandmother?

Neville - Yes sir but I don't want the Boggart to turn into her either.

Lupin - No It won't. But I want you to picture her clothes, only her clothes, very clearly in your mind?

Neville - (closing his eyes) She carries a red handbag...

Lupin - That's fine. We don't need to hear it. If you see it, we'll see it Now when i open this wardrobe, Neville here's what I want you to do...(Lupin leans close to Neville and whispers. As Neville's eyes pop open in shock. Consider Lupin uncertainly)

Making those who didn't know wonder

Lupin - You can do this, Neville. (Neville nods nervously, takes a deep breath.) Right then. Wand at the ready. One. Two. Three! (As sparks jet from Lupin's wand, strike the doorknob, and the wardrobe busts open. Instantly Snape appears, eyes flashing hideously as he stalks forward as Neville backs away in fright) Think, Neville. Think!