My Babies

AnnaLeigh Malfoy

"Elora?" I frowned deeply and rushed towards her. Her head perked up at the mention of her name and my familiar voice and as soon as she noticed me, she jumped up from the bed and hugged me.

I dropped the folder beneath my arm and hugged her back.

"What? What is it?" I asked "What are you doing here?"

"Why didn't you tell us what happened?" She asked and looked up at me "Lorenzo and I had to hear it from McGonagall. She gave us leave for the next two days"

"Elora, look what I found—oh, mum!" Lorenzo dropped whatever was in his hands and and towards me, hugging into my other side.

"You guys came all the way here by yourself?" I asked.

"Well, no. We—"

"That would be my doing" Kehlani said as she tapped the back of my shoulder "The school couldn't get a hold of you and I'm their emergency contact—actually... why am I their emergency contact?"

"Because you're my best friend, Lani" I answered before turning back to Elora "What why do you mean? What did McGonagall tell you?"

"About what happened with dad—about what happened with you" she explained "I get you want to keep us safe but keeping us in the dark isn't the way to do it"

"McGonagall had no business telling you any of that" I said "I didn't want you guys to worry about me or your father. We're handling this the way we should be"

"Where's dad?" Lorenzo asked.

"The Ministry" I answered "Now come, I'm taking you guys home"

"But—"

"No buts Elora" I said sternly "Let's go before I get called into surgery"

Elora just rolled her eyes and began to walk off with Lorenzo by her side.

"That girl might be the complete copy of Draco but that attitude is all you, sweetheart" Kehlani said and placed a hand on my shoulder.

"I was that bad?" I questioned.

"Baby, you were worse" she chuckled "Anyways, I gotta get back to work. I hope everything's alright"

"Everything fine" I assured her "Thank you for picking them up"

"Always" she smiled and soothed her hand down my upper arm before walking away. I watched until I could no longer see her before turning around and facing my children.

I sighed and tussled Lorenzo's hair before taking his hand.

"You guys are never going to complete the year with the amount of times you keep getting pulled out of school" I commented and looked especially at Elora "Not studying wouldn't be helping any, missy"

She rolled her eyes "I do plenty of studying"

"No you don't" Lorenzo frowned "You said that it was just—"

"Lorenzo, shut up" Elora spat through gritted teeth.

"C'mon" I laughed and hugged them both close to my side "Let's go home"

It's been two hours.

I haven't really seen the kids since we arrive home because they ran straight up to their rooms when we stepped foot into the door. So this left me alone in the living room with my confronting thoughts. Just watching the fireplace flicker and hoping Draco would come home at any moment with something to lift my mood.