Playing with fire

Taehyung did not come after you.

You changed your clothes into your nightgown and played with your phone on the bed. You don't feel what you ask is wrong. It's your right as his girlfriend. Consider that girl already dead in his life.

The downside of it is now you are in your own bed cuddling with a blanket.

Your phone rang, you picked up in anger, "What?" You snapped. It's Kim Seokjin.

"Are you busy? I'm around your apartment. Should we eat together?"

"I'm already eating." You heard a knock on the door. It must be Taehyung, "I have a guest. Talk to you later!" You hung up the call and ran to the door. You cleared your throat , opening the door seconds after.

"I didn't know you were so excited to see me." Kim Seokjin. He put the flower bouquet in your hand. He got fried chicken on the other hand. What a classic modern romantic man.

"You should ask your guest to come in by now." He stepped in.

He is not the one you expected. Well then, if Taehyung can't choose between his stupid memories and you.. that's it.

Seokjin looked at you up and down, "You look... ready..." He turned around the other way, "I never greeted this way. You are really amazing." He was covering his face but peeking between his fingers.

You looked down. Shut. You covered your chest and ran back to your room. You put on a big t-shirt. Now am i everyone whore or what.

Seokjin is already in your kitchen, getting the plates for you and him.

"I have a cola too." He was clinking the glass. You sit in front of him. Half annoyed

"Don't you have any other important thing to do?" He put two spicy chicken on your plate, "..."

"Today is tiring." He signed you up to eat.

"..." You ate the crispy part first.

"Hoseok called me and said congrats. Turns out we spent the night together." You choked on your chicken.

HOSEOK AND HIS BIG MOUTH. I'M GOING TO RIP IT OFF FROM HIS FACE.

"It was a misunderstanding." You bit your lower lip. How to fix this now?

"So, who have you been sleeping with?" He went straight to the point.

"It's none of your business." Someone who is refusing to get rid of his ex fiance's stuff.

"You used me."Jin cut you from another word. Well he is not wrong.

"I did not. He came to his own conclusion." But you are also not wrong.

"You could deny him. Don't you think it would be a bigger problem if they found out it was not me who you were screwing around with?"

"Just help me out this time. I'll cover your ass next time. I promise." You could imagine how sad your dad will be if you tell him you were lying about Seokjin.

"You owe me then." He drank his cola.

You no longer have the appetite, "Is it Taehyung who you've been sleeping with?

"Again, It's not your business."

"It is now since I'm covering your ass." Look how sly is him.

"Yes!" You groaned in frustration. You heard a soft knock on the door. This time it must be really Taehyung. And this bastard was eating his chicken in a slow chew. You got up and walked to the door.

"It must be him. You are waiting for him right? With that night gown of yours?"

"Erase it from your memory!" You opened the door. Taehyung looked at you first then realized there was another person in the apartment.

Seokjin waved his hand, "Chicken?"

You really want to strangle him to death. Taehyung lifted your head.

"What is he doing here?" Inside and comfortable, like he's in his own home.

"...."

"Don't worry, I'm just visiting her since her father asked me to check on her." Really? You sent the man a death glare, Why didn't you burn me with fire too?

"I didn't know the two of you were so close." To visit each other late at night.

"We didn't." You denied him.

"I'll go back to my place." Taehyung announced as he left.

"Taehyung, wait." You glared at Seokjin who was clueless, "MY FATHER ASKED YOU TO CHECK ON ME? ARE YOU KIDDING?" You scolded him

"Well, it's true? Or you prefer I tell him we are about to engage? I bet he won't be pleased to hear it either?"

"I won't engage with you. We are just seeing each other casually. Nothing here!"

"So you and him are something?"

"We just started a relationship." You groaned, " Can you finish your chicken and leave?"

"Roger." Jin cleaned his plate and washed the dishes before he left, "You shouldn't be playing with fire, Y/n. Because now my parents and yours thought we have a thing. You have to clear that out."

"I will." You watched him go into the elevator and started knocking Taehyung's.

"Taehyung, please let me explain!" Taehyung opened the door. His face was gloomy. He left the door open so that you could come in. You should tell him about all the situations you were in.

Taehyung sat on the couch while Yeontan jumped around your feet happily.

"Hey." You bit your lower lip, "Taehyung. There is nothing really. He came and brought chicken. We just talk nonsense."

Taehyung is quiet. It made you even more uneasy. You placed yourself on your knees in front of him.

"You know what. I'm sorry. Now I understand how you feel about the stuff in my closet..I haven't been in a relationship for a while. My head messed with me." Taehyung breathed out softly.

"I shouldn't let him in." You put your arm around him to heal his insecurities. Whatever you see reflects on his face shows he's been in hard times before.

"Honestly we don't know each other that well." Taehyung caressed your face. He pulled you up to his lap, "I didn't know you. You didn't know me. I'm just a man next door. We just happened to live next to each other." How he put it breaks your heart.