Future and Past

"You dressed fine." Your mother looks at you up and down. Just the sight of her makes you boil in anger. Still makes you upset that she donated your wardrobe to charity. For fuck's sake, who donates Gucci for charity! You sure enjoy every second she spends emptying your closet.

"I'm not sure how to eat in this situation." You whisper to Hoseok.

"Munch and swallow, sister. I'm sure you know how to swallow." He gives you a side eye.

"My boy hasn't let me swallow in a while." You replied, he choked.

"Don't even think of making trouble this time."

"I'm here to support our dad, I know how to behave." Your dad's business partner invites the family to have a warm gathering, or as he said expanding family dinner. Your dad asked you nicely if you'd be joining. Both your mother and Hoseok thought it was a bad idea to have you. It's better if you don't attend, one problem dodged.

"I'm sure you know." Hoseok sees you reach the wine bottle and immediately glare at you, "Don't even think about it. You are banned from drinking."

"Tch.." "Brother, how is my sister in law?"

"She is fine." Hoseok dated a girl from your dad's business relation. Your mother herself picked her out of so many candidates. Hobi never dates a woman that is not approved by your mother. Since the day he steps into family business, his marriage will be also dedicated to strengthen his resources. You sure for a while think the same, your parents will select a man for you and you'll marry him. That's it, but now it's different.

You.. want to know where it leads with Taehyung.. 

"Do you like her?"

"I do, she's okay." The woman is tender and considerate, she knows he's busy and never bothers him while he's at work. He must say she is very mature, she keeps herself busy. Her main focus is to run a charity which is good for his image in the future. She is also helping her parents company even though her role is insignificant, she is the only child of her parents.

"Aren't you mad that you can't choose a wife for yourself?"

"Hmm, not really, mom always knows what's best for us. If I married someone I would pick for myself. I probably failed the relationship. I don't have time to fail, Y/n." "So it's convenient for me."

_____

"Hello stranger." Taehyung greets you, you text him, telling you are home and ask if he wants to watch TV together. It's already late, he has to work tomorrow. You'd understand if he refused, however Taehyung is in your front door two minutes after.

"I missed you, can I get a hug?" He chuckles and opens his arms, you could smell the soap he used. You are clingy but only to him.

"How is the dinner going?" He asked, the two of you are texting many times these days. It's like dating but less the date part.

"I think it went well. But I'm not sure if my parents agree." You sure the older son of your dad's business relation is trying to get into your pants so you just pour the wine all over him. He's a jerk! You usually would play along, but you respect yourself more because Taehyung appreciates your effort to be a good girl. You know how to operate the washing machine now.

"You have worked hard." Taehyung pats your head.

"If I get kicked out of my apartment again.. Can I stay with you?" Hobi seems to be very upset, you guess he'll be at your door soon.

"Yes, but make sure you dress properly this time."

"I will!" He always teases you whenever he has the chance.

Taehyung lifts you to the bedroom. The only time you are quiet and not talk back is only when you sleep. He covers you with a blanket. This is the first time he's in your bedroom. The dress you are wearing for dinner is still on the floor, also the heels.. that heels was the same one he saw last time you were with Kim Seokjin. You said your mom set you up with him.

Kim Seokjin is a great guy. Taehyung knows him. They have one acquaintance that connects them. He used to visit his medical center years ago. So he's still there.. good to hear..

"Are you leaving?" You rub your eyes, "Sleep here with me.. We don't have to do anything.. just sleep next to each other..." You said sleepily.

"My home is just next door. I will see you again tomorrow.. Go back to sleep." He says softly.

"Okay.." He kissed your head and got up. Making sure it's all safe before he leaves. 

Taehyung has a strong heart.. He never takes a chance to sleep with you no matter how hard you seduce him, it's not by accident you fell asleep on him, it's not a half asleep act to ask him to stay in the night with you, all he does is showing you that love is patience and he has tons of it.

Sometimes.. It makes you think about the woman before you.. The one he keeps her stuff still. It was left untouched, you wonder if it's also the same inside his heart, that he could not open up to you because he still holds onto the past.