10 | Truce?

Alhaitham, who just got back from ordering your food, found you laying your head down on an opened book before you noticed his presence

Alhaitham, who just got back from ordering your food, found you laying your head down on an opened book before you noticed his presence. You immediately got up when you heard his voice, stretching your arms out before letting out a yawn.

"Tired?" he asked as he watched you slump back down on the opened book. You both were currently in a cafe not too close yet not too far from home. You wanted to get a bit far from that place, and using your project as a reason for your small escape was the only idea you could think of.

"Take a guess," He chuckled at your behaviour as he watched you mumble curses before sighing and going back to the presentation you were working on.

After a few minutes of sitting in silence, not bothering to speak since you were drained for the day and Alhaitham noticed your behaviour, so he didn't bother bickering with you and just sat quietly.

After 10 minutes or so of just the sound of the keyboard typing, your table number was called, so Alhaitham got up and went to the counter. He came back with a tray of desserts and coffee. He set your food on a side of the table and carefully put the drinks down away from the papers.

You happily took a bite of your favourite dessert as Alhaitham went to place the tray back on the counter and returned to your table afterwards. You watched as he took a sip of his coffee before returning his focus to his laptop.

You also took a sip of your coffee, in hopes, it was strong enough to wake you up, and it wasn't that strong to keep you awake till midnight, though it will do for now. The coffee was perfect to your liking. It wasn't too sweet nor too bitter.

"Do you like it?" Alhaitham questioned, removing his gaze from the laptop in front of him and shifting it onto you who was sipping coffee. He noticed you weren't wearing any glasses right now, your hair down and your bangs a bit messed up, he noticed the visible facial expression that was screaming you were tired.

"Yeah, it suits my liking. We should go here often." he chuckled at your response, reaching his hand out enough to touch your face before fixing your bangs. Flustered at the sudden touch, you immediately smacked his hand away.

"What the fuck?" you hissed at the sudden touch making a smirk appear on his face. Wanting to wipe it off his face in the cruellest way possible as much as he loves seeing your flustered expression.

"Oh, how I would love to wipe that shit-eating grin off your face as much as you love annoying the heck out of me," you exclaimed, receiving nothing but an annoying smirk in return.

"I would love to see you try too," His words made you reach out for his hair, getting a hold of it quickly, making him yelp. A first full of his hair was now in your hands as you watch him suffer to get rid of your grasp.

"Y/n- stop-" you only grip on it tighter before letting go, in case you've attracted attention to the both of you which was something you didn't want to do.