30 | An Unexpected Turn Of Events

A/n: Hi! No headers for now since I need to edit and create a new one (I broke my phone before I could save all of its data🥲) I apologize for any mistakes, enjoy reading!

Alhaitham had dropped everyone at their residence. When You and Kaveh arrived, you both immediately went your separate ways. You entered your bedroom and placed your bags down and immediately started unpacking.

While in the middle of unpacking, you found a box. Curiosity awoke, you grabbed the box and opened it. The moment you opened the box, you smelt a familiar scent; Too familiar.

Without noticing it, tears begin to gather in your eyes as you look at the box filled with albums, letters, and many more sentimental items your mom has gifted you.

A tear fell, followed by another. You were quick to wipe them away, only for you to cry harder when you saw a picture of the two of you together.

Your hands trembled as you flipped through the pages of the album. You had kept them all in a box even before she passed away. You drowned yourself with busy schedules to the point you had forgotten about the box. Finding it made you realize, you never stopped grieving.

You sat on your bed, hugging the album tight as you tried to stop yourself from breaking down any further. You had gotten used to your nightmares, they didn't affect you as much as they did before, and here you are wondering why you were breaking down after smelling her perfume.

You closed your eyes tight, thinking of words to stop yourself from crying. You wiped your tears away, placing the album back in the box before closing it.

A knock was heard on your door. You were quick to wipe your eyes again. The door opened revealing your father. 'You've got to be kidding me.'

"Y/n-" he paused, noticing that something wasn't right.

Your father looks at your figure, taking into notice how you hung your head low. "Are you okay?" He asked with a softer tone.

You didn't answer. That was when he took notice of the box beside you. That was only then did he realized what was going on.

"I'm fine. What are you doing here?" You looked up to meet his gaze. He sighs, closing the door behind him before walking towards you. His actions confused you. He stopped and sat next to you.

"Those were from your mother," He mentioned, making your breath hitch.

"I- I miss her..." You don't know what came into you to say those words without a second thought. They were nothing but the truth.

He looks at you with pity in his eyes before opening his arms and signaling you for a hug. Your eyes were filled with tears again as you bit your lips to prevent a sob from coming out. What came into you was unknown as you gave in and wrapped your arms around your father as he was quick to rub your back as your tears fell on his shoulder.

"Y/n," She refused to look at her father, her hold on his dress shirt tightened.

"My child, you are very dear to me. I apologize I no longer made you feel like you were. It also pains me to see you like this." You wanted to laugh sarcastically. Yes, that was considered bitter, though could you blame yourself?

"Where is all of this coming from? Why are you telling me this after years?" You said in between your sobs. You suddenly felt weak. Archons, you weren't expecting this conversation.

"I've come to realize how we drifted apart. I was grieving and I failed to think you were too. I tried to make it up to you and your brothers years ago. I did with them, however, I was informed you made yourself busy." He gently patted your head.