29.1 | Getaway Part 1

There was still time before the scheduled meet-up for today that would lead to the getaway staycation that was planned so suddenly

There was still time before the scheduled meet-up for today that would lead to the getaway staycation that was planned so suddenly. You were still with Alhaitham. Inside his car, on the way to his house to change vehicles. One big enough to fit your whole friend group for the trip.

You were quite looking forward to visiting his home again. It has been a while since your last visit. His family was always welcoming, and you were fond of his younger sister knowledgeable like Alhaitham. You recalled he had mentioned more than once of having study sessions with his younger sister. Apparently, that was one of the ways they would bond as siblings.

Excitement lingered around as time was moving quite fast. Soon enough, you would be experiencing a getaway with the people you cherish the most rather than isolating yourself in your room to avoid the awkwardness that will be floating around the house for the next few days. You were sure meal times were gonna end up worse than they already were, considering the occurrence of an argument with your father.

Your fingers snapped, and your once comfortable and lounging figure jolted up, sitting up straight, you looked at Alhaitham. The car stopped at a red light, allowing him to look at you.

"I just realized I haven't asked permission from my dad, nor have I even told him anything." Just by the look on his face, it was easy to tell he wasn't happy with what you just brought up.

"I'll be needing an explanation, considering how you were on your phone for the last 30 minutes, coming up with last-minute plans with the others, yet you forgot to ask permission?"

You laughed nervously, "I haven't talked to him since the argument. He left for work before I could even muster the courage to tell him I was going out with you."

You paused, exhaling sharply. "I haven't even reconciled with him, what are the chances he'll allow me to go on a getaway that's gonna take place on the same day I asked?"

Alhaitham sighed, an unimpressed look on his face. "Well, it was quite stupid to plan and do something on the same day, was it not?"

And there it was, the bluntness of this man that led a lot to dislike him for having such a straightforward and blunt personality. You would also find yourself smiling while having a vein or two pop when he does that to you.

You let out a groan, slumping back on the passenger's seat. "Can you blame me?"

An idea appeared inside your head. You sat up straight, head turning towards Alhaitham with a grin he knew oh too well.

"I'm assuming you thought of something?"
Nodding your head at his question, you receive a reaction from the male. During situations like this, he knew your ideas were rather on the bad side.

"You ask my dad for permission rather than me asking." Your face beamed happily that soon washed away as Alhaitham gave you a disapproving look, shaking his head.