32 | Foundation Day

A/n: I was listening to All Too Well (10-minute version) on repeat while editing this. Long chapter ahead!

✧⁠*⁠。

The week flew by fast. A hectic week to be exact. One with lots of preparations, checking, meetings, and your studies on top of that. Your emotions and thoughts were all over the place. Before you knew it, today was the day of the founding of the Akademiya. You haven't seen Alhaitham since this morning. He told you he was assisting the special guests who were attending today.

Though that led you to being sulky. It would hurt your pride to admit it out loud, however, Alhaitham did tell you before that he was gonna spend the day with you. The plan was canceled when he was assigned to tour the guests around.

And so here you were, accompanied by the Student Council Secretary, Kai. You both were checking each booth to see if they were all ready before the event started. The two of you stopped by the Blind Date Booth that Cyno organized. You saw that him, Dehya, and Kaveh were there.

You entered the booth, Kai trailing behind you. "How's the preparation, guys?" You asked, making their attention advert towards you.

"Oh, it's going well. Cyno has been itching to start since this morning." Dehya replied. You look around to see Pink and Red balloons, along with heart ones. A lot of decorations looked like they were for Valentine.

"So, how does this work exactly?" You asked again. Cyno who was sitting down immediately stood up.

"I'm glad you asked. Students will come here to request for two other students they want to set up for a blind date. Then, we'll look around for them, blindfold them, and bring them here. Also, they must hold hands throughout the whole date."

"What if the other one isn't single?" Kai, who was behind you asked.

"We won't do the request, of course!" Kaveh answered before Cyno could. He was preparing the playlist along with Dehya.

"How will you guys know if they're single or not?" You raised a brow at them. You didn't want for an issue to start between couples cause of this.

"Ask the person having the date themselves." Cyno casually answers. Kai and you shared a look before he shrugged his shoulders.

"Alright- oh, by the way, have you guys seen Alhaitham by any chance?"  Dehya and Kaveh stopped what they were doing and shared a smirk, however, they didn't actually see Alhaitham today.

"Oh, I remember seeing him with some guests by the entrance a few minutes ago before I arrived here." You nod at Cyno's answer before signaling Kai that the two of you are gonna leave now.

"Okay, thanks. I'll see you guys later." You waved them goodbye before leaving with Kai. You wanted to see Alhaitham, though you didn't know why. You felt like you just had to see him.

"Where to now, Miss Vp?"

"Let's go find Alhaitham," you say as the two of you walk through the corridors. He nods in response. He was tasked by the man you were looking for to stay by your side and assist you.

✧⁠*⁠。

The two of you stopped by to see Alhaitham with a man who looked like he was in his 50s and a girl who looked like she was around your age. You could hear her talking from afar but it was inaudible. It seems like she was talking to Alhaitham directly.

They were by the balcony and you could see them from below. You were starting to feel something you didn't like deep down. You wouldn't admit it out loud that the sight was beginning to make you feel as if you were jealous. You wanted to laugh at yourself.