26.1 | They See Right Through Me

You spotted the rest of your friend group at a corner, waiting impatiently

You spotted the rest of your friend group at a corner, waiting impatiently. Dehya was the first to notice your return, immediately signalling the others as you walked towards them, followed by your male friends.

Kaveh immediately pulls you into a hug, his worries were now washed away with relief.
"You're safe. Do you even know how worried I was after your disappearance?!"

You smiled as you patted your cousin's back. From the corner of your eyes, you saw Yume and Yumi with Dainsleif, who was leaning at a pillar, arms crossed. The older one was looking furiously.

"We were worried. Seriously worried, Y/n." The rest of your friends say. A hint of worry could be seen on their faces.

"Tell us what happened. Did they threaten you? Harm you in any way?" Dehya asked. From the tone of her voice, you could tell she was serious.

Kaveh lets go of the hug, his hands were now holding onto your shoulders. "Did they do any of that? I'll sue them if they did-"

Aether immediately butts in, pulling Kaveh away from you. "Woah, woah, let's calm down first and not go that far, yet."

"Aether's right. We'll save the questioning for later. Calm down and prepare yourselves first." Tighnari says. His eyes wandered as he saw Dainsleif along with the two sisters, making their way towards you.

Dainsleif walks up to you before ruffling your hair. "I'm glad your safe, kid. I'll handle the rest of it. Freshen up, the judges had arrived not so long ago."

He turns to Alhaitham, Cyno, and Tighnari before saying, "Since the three of you were the ones that found her, come with me, I would like to hear both sides."

They looked at each other before nodding in response. Dainsleif tells the sisters to start walking as he followed them towards the entrance of the grand hall. Alhaitham turns to you, patting your head, leaning towards your ear, whispering a "Goodluck"

Kaveh heard this and immediately yells, "Hey! Where's my good luck, too?" He angrily asked as a joke. Your group erupted with laughter that wasn't too loud. Alhaitham rolled his eyes playfully at this.

"Leave the rest to us. Do well while we do so." Cyno says, giving you and Kaveh a small smile.

"What he said. Though, don't feel too pressured." Tighnari adds before they heard a shout.

"Are you three coming or not?!"