28.2 | Date?

It was calming and peaceful

It was calming and peaceful. The lights and interior design inside of Starbucks showed comfort. You were glad it wasn't crowded in here, for that would just ruin the vibe. Alhaitham and you arrived a while ago. You were currently waiting for him to come back as you sat quietly, putting the pieces of Lego together. It kept you entertained while waiting for the guy.

Alhaitham was talking to a barista, ordering for the two of you. He had asked earlier in advance what you wanted and offered to order and pay. It didn't feel right to you since you were the one who invited him out.

It did not take long before he came back, holding a tray before placing it down. You turned your head towards him, getting a good look at his face. Your gaze met with his before he placed the tray down, taking a seat in front of you, your eyes following his move.

You had already made sure earlier there was space to place the tray and food down,  making it easier for him. Alhaitham placed your drink down, and you took it after, taking a sip before placing it down to continue what you were doing earlier.

"I didn't know toys could keep you focused," he says, taking a sip of his own drink, and watching you with a rather amused look on his face.

"It's kinda therapeutic putting them together," You took a few pieces, placing them in front of him. "Here, join me, will you?"

He shrugs his shoulder before nodding, placing his drink down, taking a few pieces of Legos, following the instructions that were included in the box.

"Where should we go to spend the rest of our weekend?" You asked, bringing up the previous topic from earlier without lifting your eyes off of the Legos.

"My family owns a beach house," This immediately perked up your interest, already liking where this was going. Spending the rest of your weekend at the beach did sound amazing, even if it was just for a few days. A win is a win.

"We could spend our time there, I'm sure my father wouldn't mind. We have a pool and a place for a bonfire there. Interested?" He questions, gaze shifting towards you.

You look up, to meet his, you nod your head, a grin on your face. "Very. I'll update the others, wait."

You took your phone and typed on your keyboard to send a message to your friends. "Dehya said she likes the idea,"

Alhaitham's elbow was on top of the table, jaw resting on the palm of his hand. "Cyno said he'll bring board games." You look up at Alhaitham again, "Doesn't he always, though?"

"Should we buy groceries after this?" you ask. Alhaitham seems to be thinking about an answer to your question.

"We could, however, a few people are maintaining the house for us, meaning there are already supplies we need."

You nod, "Alright, how about you give them a call and find out what we might need?"

It had been a while since Alhaitham and you started building the Lego flowers together. And at last, you have completed one. Delighted by your small achievement, you called Alhaitham out to show him.