28.1 | Son-in-law Behavior

Clouds in different kinds of forms covered the sky as you sat quietly, chin resting on your fist while leaning on to the car window

Alhaitham was focused on driving. The streets were busier than usual, considering it was the weekend.

"I'm surprised Nahida didn't wanna go with you." You suddenly spoke. Alhaitham glanced at you before his eyes shifted back at the road.

"I was quite surprised as well. She even told me to have fun before I left." You turn your head to Alhaitham, chuckling a bit.

"Did she now?" He hums in response, recalling the events that occurred not so long ago in his head.

Flashback

"So, Alhaitham. I heard from your father you won't be attending the meeting with the boards?" Alhaitham look up, staring at his mother who sat across from him. They were currently having breakfast together with his grandmother, father, and sister.

The words from his mother also caught the attention of the other few who were eating with him. "Was there any particular reason for you to not go? It's unlikely of you."

He stopped whatever he was doing to think of an answer to tell his mother, but before he could say anything, he heard his younger sister's giggle. "He's going on a date with
Y/n." his head immediately turned to his sister, who was giving him an innocent yet cheeky look.

"Oh?" He heard his mother say, a sly smirk appeared on her face, a brow raising at him.

"He's a man now," he heard his father joke.

"You better bring her home early," his grandmother warns him.

"Now, this is where we see if we truly raised him well." His father said, wiping his mouth with a tissue paper.

"It's not a date," Alhaitham spoke, catching everyone's eyes.

"But you're going with her only? Or are you going out with your friends as well?" His father questions. Nahida nods her head, swallowing the pancakes in her mouth before speaking.

"I thought you said you were only going out with her?" she asked, tilting her head.

"I am. Though it's not a date." He explains, making his sister and the rest frown. He was taken aback by his sister's face suddenly saddening.

"So you're rejecting her feelings?" Her voice showed a hint of sadness, making Alhaitham's eyes widen a little.

"No-"

"You even said you were no longer attending the meeting just to go with her, and yet you don't call this a date?" His father scoffs at him.

"She didn't say it was. She just asked me to accompany her."

His father raised a brow, "And you agreed?"

"I did. You were the one who taught me to never decline a lady's request. Especially when she is in need." he nonchalantly said, staring right into his father's eyes.