15 | Early Preparation

The exam day was tomorrow. You were stressed, you didn't know if you were prepared or not and couldn't focus at all. For the past few days, you and Alhaitham would sometimes meet at the park. You'd sit on the swings and talk about life. For the first time in your life, you finally had someone to talk to about those kinds of topics.

You've only noticed how you both could actually get along if you weren't busy fighting over academics. It was nice how he would treat you to your favourite cafe afterwards.

After the exam, All the students that were allowed to join the camping trip will be leaving around 5 pm. You guys didn't have classes today cause the school was generous enough to give you a break to prepare for the exam.

It was currently around 8 in the morning, you already had your breakfast with Kaveh earlier before you started studying again. You had a few hours to revise and go through all your notes before you rest and prepare your stuff for camping.

You decided to leave your room and go to the garden to get fresh air. You stoop up, fix the stuff on your table and walked out of your room. As you made your way downstairs, you saw your brothers playing tennis from the window. They're so lucky to be able to play like that without worrying about their exams since they're still young. You thought. Both of your brothers were at the top of their classes too, though they had easier lessons to handle.

When you reached the garden, you admired the flowers that had bloomed. The gardeners deserve a raise. You thought. You were definitely gonna tell your father that when you see him. You watched as one watered the plants and the other was cutting any dead leaves.

You walked towards them, they were quite surprised to see you. Knowing you barely go out during the exam week. "Can I help? I need to clear my mind with something." You told them, and they thought about it before one spoke. "Are you sure, Ma'am?" She asks, you immediately nodded.

"I'd be happy to help. Also, Y/n is fine," You smiled, sunlight was behind you, and for a moment they thought you look like an angel. One showed you how to water the plants properly and how much you should water them.

Going out once in a while seemed like a great idea for you now. After you helped them, you walked around the garden a bit before going back inside the house. To your surprise, you saw your father. You Weren't expecting him to be home at all.

"Dad? You're home?" He turns in your direction to see you walking towards him.
He smiled at the sight of his only daughter.

(A/n: for the sake of the story, you're the only daughter under your dad)

"Ah, Y/n, My child, how are you?" he asked, you were still shocked that he was home. You thought he would be on a business trip right now. You sometimes wondered what does he work for? You asked him once and he said 'For our family, dear.' you barely believed his words back then.