003. The Cheerleader with no Cheer.

Tonight was a seniors party and there was a specific theme.

Two rules.

1. Wear a mask and costume, or either.
2. Have fun, in whatever shape or form that may be.

I wasn't honestly sure why I was going, I wasn't exactly into parties. I wasn't necessarily into casual sex with just anyone really either, like most. I always wanted a connection, and on some occasions I'd never quite gotten it.

I did have the typical, age-old romanticised ideals, where I'd meet someone, we'd date, fall in love, have a family, get married and so on, but at the age I was, which was eighteen, typically guys my age weren't necessarily ready for that.

I'd been talked around by friends, namely Chrissy Cunningham and Harmony Rhodes, and being a fellow cheerleader with secret differences and interests, I'd agreed to go because I felt it was expected of me.

Good old peer pressure.
It was an effective weapon.
An effective form of emotional blackmail.

They were good at it, I had to hand it to them.

And so at my behest, I walked up the driveway of Jason Carvers house, scantily dressed in a black corset, with tight black leather trousers, teamed with black platform converse and a red leather rabbit mask, that covered half of my face, my lips exposed and coated in a pillar box red, matte lipstick.

With a 24 hour hold, in case I did find myself wanting to kiss someone.

I doubted it, but at least I was prepared.
I'd even shaved, despite having no interest in sleeping with someone.

My long black hair cascaded down my back and was pin straight, gelled down slightly to the crown of my head.

"Kim K, eat your heart out." I said, adjusting the black velvet choker around my neck so the small red gemstone was more centred.

I walked inside the house, and there was unexpected carnage from thereon in.

*****************************************

This party seriously sucked.
I didn't even know why I was here.

Oh wait, I did.
My idiotic shit for a brain friend had dragged me along.

"Why are we even here?" I shouted over the music.

"It's a high school party, lighten up. Yeah sure, people will likely be hooking up but it's not compulsory. It's just your typical senior party. Alcohol and horny teenagers with a free house. Drink a beer, chill out, have fun. Damn Eddie, it won't kill you." Gareth shouted back, rolling his eyes.

Apparently, I needed to wear a mask.
And so as a last minute thing, Gareth had loaned me his Donnie Dario Frank rabbit mask.

He'd told me to dress differently, so that my identity was concealed. That part was strange for a while until I realised that the theme was paramount and the centre of the entire evening.

If I wanted to hook up with someone, it was for blind connection alone. Neither would know what the other looked like, making it more exciting, enticing and sexy.

It wasn't going to happen for me, not tonight.
I preferred a connection, which up to now I'd never really achieved.

As a twenty year old kid, I'd had mindless (and sometimes drunk) sex with several girls but I never felt better for it after.

I felt empty, the momentary release taking over me before leaving me with nothing. Nothing but regret.

And so as I stood swigging from a red cup of beer, I'd resigned myself to just having a few drinks before making a swift, sharp exit.